Home

Changing SP Character (Other Threads Unclear)

SlowbieOne

Someone posted this explanation in a thread a few days ago. I copied it to a notepad, but haven't had a chance to try it until today.

Ok you can change yourself to any character you download and I can do this in minutes. Say you download Anakin. Right click on the Anakin pk3 and choose add to anakin zip then go to winzip classic. Next click open and then on anakin pk3. next extract it to base or create a new folder called anakin for example. next go to that file or models then players. Now rename the anakin folder to who you want him to replace maybe Kyle. now go into the file and go to the model_default which might be called model_default_anakin. delete the last _anakin then open the file. Rename all of the lines with the part saying /anakin/ to /kyle/ but dont alter the /stormtrooper/ lines. once done exit it and click on yes on the warning that comes up. now go back to the base directory and if you made the new anakin file then right click on that and click add to zip then add on the menu that opens then you can exit this and a zip will appear at bottom of base. you will now need to go to the top of your file options on the top of your screen go to view, folder options then the view tab. Now tick the display the full path in title bar then apply it. now close that menu and you can rename the zip from anakin.zip to anakin.pk3 and you are all set to go. You will not be able to load a saved game you have to start a new game for this to work. i hope this is detailed enough for you and happy

Maybe it's just me, but I can barely understand this as it is not even in complete sentences, more like fragments. :( I tried some things, but nothing seemed to work.

Would someone be kind enough to give a more detailed explanation on how to replace models from the game with downloaded characters?:rolleyes:

Do you know how to make .pk3 files? If you don't, find out, cause that's really the only thing.

1. You must have extracted whatever you want to work with.

2. Find your folder: models/players/whatever.

3. Simply rename your folder to "kyle" (if you want it to be kyle). This will replace the model in single player, once you pak it up.

OK..here goes!

1. Get a MP character or whatever and find the .pk3 file for it. Now, right click on it and click "add to zip". Now at top it should say "add to archive", below that it should say a path, and below that it should say "new" and "open", click open.

2.Now double click on the .pk3 of the person you want switched with whoever. Now you should have a winzip window up with all the files of the person, lets say dooku. The path of the files in the .zip window you are looking at should be models/players/dooku (or whatever the person is called)

3. Extract all the files with the path: models/players/dooku to your main hardrive, c:.

4. Go into your c: drive and there should be a new folder called models, and in that one a folder called players, and in that one a folder called dooku. Change the dooku folder's name to kyle or whoever you want that person switched with.

5. Make a new .zip file and make sure the "save all subdirectories" and other path related options are checked. Now click add and add all the files in the renamed kyle folder. Make sure the path is shown. The path should be models/players/kyle.

(Some winzip versions make it so that you have to drag over the models directory in the zip wondow then click add. This may be needed to do depending on what winzip you have.)

6. Now you look at the top of the window of any folder thingy and go into the folder options. Make sure the option "hide extensions of know types" is NOT checked.

7. Now you have a .zip file with the files of the dooku model with the path models/players/kyle. The zip file should now have .zip at the end of it. Erase the .zip and put .pk3.

(NOTE: You MUST have the main MP character file also in the base directory or your new changes will make whoever you wanted switched invisible. (Lets say you switched lando with anakin but didn't have the anakin MP file in your base directory, lando would be invisible.)

8. Just put your new .pk3 file into your GameData\base folder and voila! You have changed Kyle or whoever with Dooku!

Hope this was helpful!

HaPpY gAmInG!

-Phillio

Phillio, your tip thing is great and stuff, but im a little confused with number 5"Make a new .zip file and make sure the "save all subdirectories" and other path related options are checked. Now click add and add all the files in the renamed kyle folder. Make sure the path is shown. The path should be models/players/kyle.

could you explain it alittle more..im not sure what files in what folder are supposed to be made into a new zip..HELP :(

Sorry if I caused confusion. In the .zip window open, when you click add, a screen will come up and ask what to add. On that screen there should be some folder options and stuff. You add all the files in the once called dooku folder (now called kyle)

(NOTE: the path MUST be models/players/kyle (or whoever you want to be switched with the MP character)

See?

If there is anymore questions, post them, I'll try to help.

HaPpY gAmInG!

-Phillio

Ok, so I go into the base directory and open the .pk3 file with Anakin from Ep.2.

I then change the models/players/ep2anakin to models/players/kyle and pack it back up as a .pk3, so it should work now, right?

ok, iv downloaded mandalorian.pk3. iv right clicked on it, went to add to zip and click on it. up comes the window that says : add to archive and below the line says C:mandalorian.zip with 'new' and 'open' buttons below. i click on the 'open' button but theres no .pk3 there to click on or extract or anything. what the hell am i supposed to do right here to extract the friggin .pk3 to C:?

ok, if you are looking at the mandalorian.pk3 file, right click on it. Now click add to zip. Now click on open and double-click on the mandalorian.pk3. Now there should be a winzip window up with the mandalorian files. You extract those files inside the .pk3 to your c: where you rename the folder named jango (the path should be models/players/jango) to whoever u want switched.

(the modified path should be models/players/rodian)

Hope that helped!

HaPpY gAmInG!

-Phillio

AARRGH *&^$%^# i just cant *&^%$$ do it. Iv been trying to do this ever since i got the game a month ago. i tried every single bloody way i can think of. Iv read every single one of these friggin explanations over and over and i just can't &^$%^#$#*&&% DO IT!!! i cannot express how F**KING frustrated i am ;(

this still isn't working ofr me :confused:

Im trying to make a SP version of the Asbath character. Can I just create a folder on my desktop and call it models with another folder inside called players and another inside that called kyle, and just copy paste all the stuff from Asbath (the skin Jpegs et) into the kyle folder? Will that work? If so where should I palce it? In the base folder or in models\players\kyle?

Or if I need to pk3 it how do I do that?

ok, ill try to answer as best i can, Russk.

If you are trying to switch kyle with absath, you would open the MP version of absath with zinzip. Now you would extract all the files inside to YOUR MAIN HARDDRIVE! Now, go into the models folder (inside c: or whatever harddrive u use) now go into players, now change the absath folder's name to kyle. Now make a new zip file and add all the file in the kyle folder so that the path is shown like so: models/players/kyle. Now erase the .zip and put .pk3. Windows will ask you if you want to change the file type, click yes. Now put the new .pk3 file into your GameData\base directory.

(P.S. It doesn't matter what the .pk3 file is called, as long as it DOES NOT start with "A".)

Keep posting questions and i'll keep answering as best i can.

HaPpY gAmInG!

-Phillio

Now, go into the models folder (inside c: or whatever harddrive u use) now go into players,

Phillio...just one question, for all the newbies who might need help now, what do you mean by go to the models foldeR? the one you just asked us to unzip or the one in our base folder of jediknight ii?

Listen up!

There is only ONE models folder I EVER talk about. In your harddrive, there should be a new models folder since you extracted the files inside the .pk3 tht had the path models/players/dooku

No, the base folder in my walkthrough is only mentioned when you put your own .pk3 file in there to use.

(P.S. I noticed with my friend, that this mod IS effective in MP. So, beware! Example: My Imperial vs. Rebels conversion v1.1 was on and therefore, I had to pick the opposite of who I wanted to be. This mod hasn't been posted yet though.)

thanks for your patience in replying to all these posts phillio, but it just wont work for me. There cant be any steps im missing or anything.

-I exctract the .pk3 to C: using winzip.

-in C: the models folder appears and i go into it, and into the players folder. then i rename the final folder to whatever character i want to replace.

-I then go back to the models folder, and add it to a new zip named whatever.zip. I compress it at normal and save full paths.

-I then rename it to whatever.pk3 and place it in my base folder.

Shouldnt that work??!! I dont see what im missing. AAARGGH!

Has anyone gotten the anakin skin to work in SP? Everyone else works except him. Typical, since he's the one I really want to use.:( Anyone have a similar problem.

Exar, I had some trouble figuring things out as well, but now that I know I'll explain it a little better than previously stated. There are other ways too, but just bear with me for now.

1. Say you have the clonetrooper.pk3 skin in your base directory, copy it, paste it on your desktop. Clonetrooper.pk3 being the guy you want to use in Single Player. The reason I had you copy and paste the original clonetrooper.PK3 file is because you need to have the original PK3 file of the player you are gonna use already in the base directory.

2. Right click the new clonetrooper.pk3 file on the desktop, and click add to zip.

3. Now you have options to click new or open, click open.

4. Browse for the new clonetrooper.pk3 on the desktop, and open it.

5. Now close the the Add window (not the zip file window with all the files inside clonetrooper.pk3) This is the part that threw me off before.

6. Now, extract all the files to c:\models\players\clonetrooper, and it will automatically make the new folder for you (models\players\clonetrooper).

7. When extracted, go to that directory and change the name of the clonetrooper folder to whoever you want to replace (eg.Kyle)

8. Close all winzip windows, and then open the Winzip program again so you have a blank winzip window. Don't just press new because it doesn't work.

9. Now go to your newly created models folder and click and drag the models folder into the new Winzip window.

10. Here's another tricky part, a new Add window should've appeared. Under where it says, Add to Archive, you MUST type in C:\models\players\kyle (if not Kyle than whoever you are replacing). Then further down the Add window are Options. MAKE SURE Save full path info is checked. Then click Add.

11. Open up ANY window, your C drive for example. Go to the Tools menu, then go to folder options. Then go to the view tab. MAKE SURE that hide extensions for known file types is UNCHECKED.

12. Go to the players folder in your new C:\models\players\Kyle directory and your new Kyle.zip file should be there. Simply rename the file to whatever you want with a PK3 extension eg. clonetrooperSP.pk3.

13. Add that file to a zip for safekeeping, extract your new PK3 file to your base directory like any other mod out there, and you are done:).

Hopefully if there was anyone who didn't understand how to do this, now they do.:) If not feel free to ask questions.

Exar if you can't get it to work then send me the file you are trying to make SP then i'll make it right to you so you can see what you did wrong okay??

admin@daktanion.dk

then i'll upload both of the varians (MP and SP) so ppl can see how to do it...

it isn't that difficult ;)

Slowbie

which Anakin skin do you use?? i'm trying with the one called anakin_ep2.pk3 but he just remains invisible :-<

Archived