Home

Changing SP Character (Other Threads Unclear)

SlowbieOne

I really cant believe this. What total BS! theres no way i did anything wrong this time! I followed the steps exactly!

GRRRRR so mad right now :( . i was trying to replace any one of the aliens like the rodian or weequays with the boba fett model. Is it because its a model and not a skin that i cant get it to work? I have tried doing skins before but never any luck.

anyways, all i want is for someone to make more mods like the new one phillio has done, or the episode II mod that no one has downloaded yet. Relace the boring default models with some of the cool custom ones, and then edit the npc.cfg so the act true to their characters. I really want to be able to spawn up a boba fett the was very mobile, with some good fire power, and had a force jump 5 to imitate his rocketpack. And get the han solo skin in there as an ally. or at least make mp bots that behave proper. I hate having to fight boba with no force so he wont have any, and how whenever i get close to him he whips out the lightsaber. blah

Geeze, that's good walkthrough slowbie one. I don't think you people nned to ask me anything anymore, just ask slowbie!, he seems to have it all jam packed!

HaPpY gAmInG!!

(P.S. The new mod I made is described in the "Cool New Mod!!" thread below this one. Feel free to leave feedback on it!)

-Phillio

OK Exar, I tested Boba Fett in SP and it worked. Here's what I found.

When you extract the files to models\players\rodian, there will be 6 folders instead of one, 1 for each Mandalorian skin. Delete them all except the one you want, then proceed normally.

If it's still not working, I'm afraid I can't help you because it works for me. Just follow my explanation carefully and you should be fine.:)

thanx for trying to help guys, but after a month of trying all of these methods i have come to the conclusion that its just not gonna work. I dont understand why though. Im a fairly experienced pc user and this shouldnt be a problem for me. Oh well, i guess ill just have to rely on whatever i can download.

Slowbie i think i understand your problem. You know how you said you couldnt get the anakin file to work in single player...theres a possibility that your pk3 file that you keep making for anakin is beginning with the letter A. you can't create a working pk3 file with the letter A.

I have a question. I understand how to replace Kyle and the others, using your method, but how do I replace the RebornBoss? You see, all the reborns are in the same folder, so if I do it your way and go models/players/rebornboss, it wouldn't work, would it?

Ok, first off, thanks Phillio for the excellent explanation of the process. However there is one important consideration we may have missed.

The game loads .PK3 files in alphabetical order. Therefore, you must rename your sp .pk3 file to something like "Z-Anakin_sp.pk3" without the quotes. The game's main .PK3 files, assets0.pk3 and assets1.pk3 must be the FIRST ones loaded, so that you can replace what they load with your own stuff.

Hope this helps any of you still struggling! :atat:

[edit: oops need to read more posts 'fore posting! :p]

P.S. tho, in order to get any humanoid model to work in SP, you need to edit the skin file, turning some surfaces on and off. Had to do that with Count Dooku. I'll post my findings along with an explanation when I get home.

Ok, here comes the difinate tutorial:

~Getting the fiels from a pk3~

1)

Right-click on the pk3 and select "open with..."

2)

Select "WinZip" from the list and click ok.

3)

The winzip window opens. Select "keep paths/use paths" and extract the files to "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder"

~getting the files from the assets0.pk3, if you don't use a pk3~

1)

Open assets0.pk3 with WinZip (see above)

2)

Sort the files according to "path"

3)

extract all files with the path "models\players\charactername"

~Changing a npc to kyle~

1)

You should have a directory like:

"C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder\models\players\charactername"

2)

Rename the folder "charactername" to "kyle"

3)

Open the model_default.skin

4)

Check if the paths are correct. (The guy who did SP_Jango and SP_Boba messed all of those up, pointing at files that existed only if you already had the Mandalorian.pk3)

5)

right-click on "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder" and select "add to zip"

6)

In the winzip window, select "include subdirectories", deselect "use paths" (yes!!! deselect) and select "NO compression" (or the game will not accept the pk3).

7)

In the "save as" line, write "C:\Windows\Desktop\charactername.pk3" and click ok.

8)

That's it!!!!!!!

Archived