Home

Roofing - Everyone's doing it

Krash

Well i think a demo is a little extream to tell someone how to do that move.

Basically anytime you have an inclined celing you can kinda fly yourself accross it real fast. All you have to do is hold jump facing any direction lookin any direction. So lets say your in a hallway with stairs going up and an inclined celing. Walk in the hall and press and hold jump. It will zip you thru it very quickly and even send you off a little further.

Ya ... get the demo ... download the map it uses. Why ppl make demos on non standard maps kinda blows me away. Anywho I didnt mean to flame the demo. Just to try to word it here also so if someone doesnt wanna go get it and the map they can just try it.

lol I suppose it was your idea to call it roofing? Because roofing already exists in JK1 language but with a total different meaning.. And not like that move is anything special which you couldnt learn in less than 2 seconds.. I think it's even in the jkii.net tutorials lol.

Originally posted by Raze

lol I suppose it was your idea to call it roofing? Because roofing already exists in JK1 language but with a total different meaning.. And not like that move is anything special which you couldnt learn in less than 2 seconds.. I think it's even in the jkii.net tutorials lol.

Yeah it was our idea to call it roofing. No I did not play JK1, or have a clue what roofing was in that game. The move IS special once you see what can be done with it in competative play. We never said it was hard to learn. Finally, we are glad it's in the jkii.net tutorials if it is, it will only spread it around to more teams and help even the playing field. Thanks for the optimistic atitude though Raze, that's cool of you!

Well the bug that you call roofing, was the first bug I ever found out myself before reading about it. :D

People used to flame at me because they thought I could do the force jump on a no-force server... :D

First time I recognized this bug on the yavin_temple duel map. From this time on I used it to get up from downstairs :D

Archived