Home

Need feedback on new force power idea

GCrusher23

So what do you think about Force Sacrifice?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think about Force Sacrifice?

• Great idea!
    • Nice idea, but you need to tweak some of the features.
    • Eh, it\'s not a good idea, and not a bad idea.
    • Horrible idea!

Ok guys, I think I've come up with a solid idea for my force power called Force Sacrifice. This is how it works:

There will be a powerup/pickup which rarely spawns randomly in the map. When someone picks it up, and they have points in Force Sacrifice, their ability to use the power is activated. When they are in a fight, and they initialize the power, their model raises its saber like Obi-Wan did in A New Hope during his fight with Vader. When the the enemy attacks them, their model will vanish. The enemy does not receive a kill, but the player who performed the power receives a suicide. The player can now move around as a ghost. No one can see them, and basically noclipping turns on for them. Based on the number of points put into the power, the player has a limited amount of time before he respawns. Before the timelimit is reached the player can respawn. When they respawn, their HP starts at 500, going down 1 by 1 until they reach 100. This emphasizes the phrase Ob-Wan stated: "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"

At level 1: player has 1 minute to respawn.

At level 2: player has 5 minutes to respawn.

At level 3: player has 10 minutes to respawn.

Now I was thinking of making is so at level 1 there is a chance the force power fails and he is killed. I'm not sure though if I should put that in. Please give vote in my poll.

Thanks for your time.

it should not be an item pick ups thingy. i dont like the unrealistic item ****. the force is not a thingy one can get by running over some thingy. the skill is enough, but you could build in a probability factor if u want it to be more random. and be aware of the fact that players can see the preparations for that feature by the highly held saber, so it could be ewaded. while in ghost mode it should be possible to heal and aid teammembers, oh wait! thats the idea: team ffa with dark and light. the sacrifice skill would mean to weaken the overall abilities of the player if chosen but could be valuable for the team. like obiwan helped luke(ok he merely just talked to him) it should be a great help for the team if the ghost heals and does other stuff for the light side.

the darkside however could have other effects, more of a offensive nature. the dark ghosts should be more stationary around the building or walls the player was killed, o r specific radius(just summing up the features of some books i've read). but he could then convert bypassing lightside mofos or draining their skills and experience, like one force rank lower...

the light ghost should be able to convert dark dudes too, so the light side can restock their members too. heh but im talking to much and no hope this would ever be realized...

I actually considered the idea of it being only a team force power so you can help your teamates while you're a ghost. The reason why I put in a pickup for it was so people can't use it a lot. The light/darkside thing is ok, but how would the game know if a player is using it for darkside or lightside? I don't know, I honestly like my idea for it, but yours has potential too.

If you see this post please vote if you can, I'd appreciate it. Oh, and I was thinking about another thing. What if instead of you automatically coming back to life with 500 health, the longer you stay a ghost the higher your health will be when you revive yourself. This would make having the 3rd level (10 minute ghost time) very useful.

well it would be a darkside skill and a light side skill. and there are other ways of randomising a feature apart of itemise it. just some probability factor which could be greater with higher skill, but higher skill should affect the body of a player. imagine at level 3 the player would be like emperor palpatine, old, ugly and weak. we know from various sw books that sithlords still can live ase a ghost in old temples and stuff. the best thing would be to make it just a probability that if the player dies he becomes a ghost, only if there is no other ghost in the team at the moment...

Firsly:

You recieve one suicide for using it and have to wait 10 minutes to respawn. That is making a force power that would only be used to "be cool". Noone waits 10 minutes to respawn with 500 health. If I respawn 5 times during those 10 minutes I have a total of 500hp from those respawns.

My ideas:

- Level 1: Could fail (75% success ratio), ghost for 30 seconds, recive 250hp on respawn.

- Level 2: Always sucess from sabers (never guns), ghost for 45 seconds, recieve 350Hp on respawn.

- level 3: Always success from saber, 50% success from guns, ghost for 1 minute, recieve 500hp on respawn.

A hit from a saber should always kill someone "sacrificing", making them a ghost. As you say it would be a pickup too, it would always be level 3?

The way you suggest, I think it only should be usable on a server were ppl are roleplaying. But maybe that is what you want. It would never be used in FFA, CTF/Y or duels (well, it would never be used in a duel except for when your down to 1 hp and surrenders). And as you say it would spawn rarely on maps, maybe you should be able to use force powers while dead, but the force generation is decreased like 50%? If you can't do nothing but to write to teammates and tell them "There are two guards at the flag, Use the force", I think the time suggestions I wrote would be best.

and 10 minutes maybe seems like a good way to have a spy on the other teams CTF area, but trust me, 1 more fighter is better.

If you want it to be useful, don't make it 10 minutes of wandering around doing nothing, that would be so boring that noone except people who likes watching would use it.

Just some thought of mine.

Take Care

Thanks for the replies guys. I agree, 10 minutes is long. I like your 30, 45, and 1 minute times. However, you made it sound like they always come back with the amount of health they can get at their level. But then people can just revive immediately. I could either make it they can not revie themselves, which would make respawing inside people and in buildings no longer a problem, or I could make it they can revive whenever they want, but this is what happens. Instead of them coming back with a fixed amount of health, their health goes up by 5 every second they are a ghost. That way they have to wait before they become really powerful.

I asumed that you can't respawn manually, the way I would like it, you must wait all the time before respawning. and yes, it solves the problem with telefraggkills, and I would like to have one animation for a Jedi remerging into the world also... lika an animation of the model fading into the world for like 2 seconds, and during that time the player cannot move either. So he must be a bit careful of where he respawn. After all, he will have the upperhand when hes respawn is complete. (2 seconds ain't much, but gives a telefragg warning to the other players, as no telefragging is possible until the 2 fading seconds pasted)..

And as I'm all into giving ideas I would like to see that _IF_ the ghost is able to use force powers (maybe only the standards like push/pull, the dark force ghosts have the upperhand with it's killing powers otherwise) I want the ghost to become a ghost model that can be seen (like the ghost of obi and all those in the movies) and then it fades back to nothing during a time of like 5 seconds.

About respawning inside solid things like walls, maybe the player can't walk through walls, he can move around in the world, jump in endless height, but he can't move through solid objects...

or else, just kill him off if hes inside a solid object, or another solution is that he will always respawn where he became a ghost.

well I'm tired so some ideas maybe don't make sense now...

Take care

I don't think they will use force powers. The reason why I think people should be able to respawn at any time is in the original screenplay for ROTJ Obiwan joined in on the fight with Vader and Luke. That would add some complexity to the power; "should I respawn right away to attack someone, or should I wait and become more powerful?".

Archived