Home

Got my saber ingame! One small prob..

jibe

When I put it ingame, the saber blade is sticking out downwards instead of upwards.. I thought it was a tag positioning problem (and it still probably is) but i've tried rotating the flash tag every which way.. the only thing I've changed is turning it from straight down, to 90 degrees from the hilt.. I can't seem to get it to stick straight up.

Oh, another problem is that the hilt is being gripped way too low.. where should I position the parent tag to get the bulk of the hilt in the grasp of 2 hands?

the parent tag doesnt do anything

select your saber, click the move position button (the one that lets you move it in the xyz coordinates) and at the bottom of your screen with be its coordinates in three boxes, put each one to 0.

using only the Z axis (the one that controls up and down) move your saber so that wherever you want the players hand to start is at the xy axis'. Hope that makes sense.

as for the flash tag, make sure its a right angle triangle, with the Z-axis side (height) double the size of the Y-axis (not X-axis).

so just make the height size 2.0 and the width size 1.0

position it at the centre of the xy axis', just like your saber, and only move it up or down to wherever you want it to emit.

Well, I fixed the saber, and the hand positioning.. thanks alot Madjai :)

Now I have to figure out how to UVW Map, and fix all the gaps and holes in the model =[ Then there's the skinning..

Archived