Home

How can I create my own server to just play with my friends

IR77

Hi Everyone !!!

Maybe someone can help me. I simply want to create an server to play just with my friends but it doesn't work. I can play the game on the server that I've created but my server is not listed up. That means, that my friends doesn't find my level ( server ) to join.

Hope someone can help me...

Cheers,

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Dis is what cha do. When you click "Create Server", at the bottom somewhere it says "Dedicated Server". Click it until it says LAN, Local Area Network. Now launch game and you game should be able to be seen if he lives near you. You can also make a Internet dedicated server (using same method) and just have a password. Oh and by the way, you better hope that you have a cable modem or DSL or, guess what, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a "joinable" game. I e-mailed lucasarts support because when i tryed to launch a dedicated server, it said "Hitch Error". They e-mailed me back saying that they don't support 56k modems or less. I thought that sucks since i dont have a "cable" modem. Oh well, hope I helped.

HaPpY gAmInG!

-Phillio

I can think of 3 alternatives to let you host your game:

1) The easiest way is to play on the zone:

<http://zone.msn.com/jedioutcast/>

2) IP connection. Go to the windows start menu and select "Run". Enter winipcfg or (ipconfig).

The program that loads will tell you your IP. Or (Alternatively start the game and at the main menu open the console with shift and the (~) key left of 1. Then type "showip".

Tell your friends your IP address. Then create a (non-dedicated) server.

Your friends have to start the Multi-player game, open console and type connect [ip] e.g. (connect 218.231.1.83).

3) This one might effect performance. Create a dedicated internetserver.

That will drop you back to desktop. Now start a new game and go to the ingame browser or launch Gamespy or whatever you use. Look for the server you created (sort servers by ping) and join it. (This works with 1 cd and 1pc)

I got these directions from another thread a couple of days ago so I can't give the credit to the original author. I did step 2 but with using "Showip" in the game console which showed two IPs addresses. If this happens to you, use the second IP address listed. It WORKS!!! However, I haven't tried it with more than one person.

Good Luck!

Archived