Home

Patch: 1.03a vs 1.04 (WD >> IN)

Soldier2200

According to fitzwilliamd's post, the official word on 1.04 is that Raven will NOT release any further patches. Deciding whether or not this is true is up to you.

In the meantime though, while we wait to see if Raven releases 1.04 or not, why don't we switch all the current servers to 1.03a? I played it a little on WD's server (166.90.203.203:28070) and it solves a few of the current problems. If you haven't gotten a chance to do so, try playing on WD's server for a few minutes to test it out. And if you see a WD admin, be sure to tell em thanks for running the server. :)

---

For you WD guys that compiled the source code, do you think you can somehow package the unedited source code into some kind of an installable executable so other server admins can run 1.03a? It would be a great help to the JKII community and I'm sure many other people would appreciate your work. Or if that's not possible, simply telling other server admins the steps necessary to upgrade their servers would be just as good.

Thanks in advance,

-Soldier2200 :)

You're a little late for this party. Go here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59882

And as I said in that thread:

This is the best news I've heard all day. The bleeding can stop right here and not go on through another entirely different version of the game in 1.04.

Now we've got one choice or the other, my bet is that 1.02 servers will increase a little in numbers and change the 200/900 ratio that ASE reports.

Don't worry, I think the network code is pretty sound, so now everyone can settle into their favorite and play on.

Thank you Raven and Lucas.

1.03 is a load of garbage. I will continue running AND playing 1.02 servers. I suggest more of you get them running. If you need the Linux OR Win32 dedicated servers, message me.

Archived