Home

Add a new saber - some problems

Garik Loran

Originally posted by Arkule

I'd just like to say that i managed to get a new lightsaber color to completely work in mp. It is even selectable in the menu thingy with the other ones. So, if any of you are still having problems with your coding of it, or strange looking errors, i might be able to help.

I've managed to get a new saber working (compiled the source and whatnot), its selectable by typing in color1 7. Only problem is it won't showup on the Player menu. I think that its because I need to change the NUM_SABER_COLORS variable but haven't been able to find it in any of the files... If you have any idea as to whats wrong I'd be very grateful.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem on why it won't show up in the player menu has to do with the way raven coded the saber cycling code part. They make it only cylce through a certain number then start over. The code segment is in ai_main.c i think. There are two loops, one that counts up to five, the other counts down from five. replace the five in both of these with NUM_SABER_COLORS - 1. That will make it so that whenever you add a new saber, it will automatically be selectable (as long as you specify a graphic for it, i think thats also in ai_main, its the same place where all the other saber graphics and force stars are loaded).

Originally posted by Arkule

What compiler do you have? I would recomend Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, because everything else sucks. If you that, open the jk2mp-sdk.dsw file, and compile all three projects, switch between projects from the projects.set active project menu. compile by going to build.rebuild all once compiled you need to go to the source folders and run game.bat, cgame.bat and ui.bat (for the different projects). Those will make .qvm files in the code/base/vm directory. Then you must make a .pk3 file, and put the vm directorty (with the 3 .qvm files) into a folder in the gamedata folder. then when you start the game, goto setup and then mods, and it should display the name of the folder with the .pk3 file in it (unless you screwed up).

baaah :(

i have the same :-\

i got the folder to show up in the Setup/Mod but what then?? there dosn't happend ANYTHING at all when i'm trying to load the mod....

Archived