Home

A Coding Project. The JK/MOTS portover to JO

Vesentac

The topic is self explanatory. I'm sure many of you, probably 80% of the JO population never played JK/MOTS so you are unaware of its gameplay value. Lets face it folks, guns in JK/MOTS are clearly superior to JO guns. Since there may be saber only purists, "gunners" will provide more than a challenge to them.Here are the goals outlined.

GUNS

=========================================

Bryar will be replaced by the Blastech (MOTS)

Laser Trip Mine will be replaced by the claymore (JK/MOTS)

*Disruptor may or maynot be replaced by the (MOTS sniper blaster rifle)

EMP2 will be replaced by the concussion rifle . ()JK/MOTS)

RL will be replaced by the Rail Charge gun. (JK/MOTS)

Golan Arms FC-1 will be replaced by the carbonite gun. (MOTS)

Since no one realy uses the bowcaster, it may/not be replaced.

Force

==========================================

Since I am unaware of the force structure in JO atm since I am more familiar with weapon code, here are the possible goals. Might try to bring back or add some force powers from JK/MOTS.

Destuction

Blindness

There would be force adjustment tweak to the cost of each force power would apply as well. Also one major note. Force pull/push will no longer POSSIBLY have the "knockdown" effect. This did not exist in JK/MOTS. However to maintain the fairness to jedi in Mots, pulling will have a guranteed effect of pulling the weapon away. Push is still being worked on.

Players

========================================

I'd like to go back to the class system that existed in MOTS. This was a fair system. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the classes, I'll try to briefly explain how they operated.. Terms noted as Force defense is a "resistance" to the force.

Click me to get a more descriptive explanation offsite.

Maps

============================================

due to the pathetic jumping ability of the non force users, this mod may only work well with converted JK/MOTS maps.

Well this is the plan, I'd like to form a team but it seems a lot of people out there has no interest or may have their own idea. As of now, I stand alone. Feel free to offer feedback or ideas or even your help.

Vesentac

Archived