Home

How do you change the sp player model?

Brad Vickers

Read the boards dude. There have been at least 5 treats on that in the last two days!

(like this: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58874 )

But because I am a generous person (Hey, you there? :mad: ) I give you a Reborn tutorial:

1)

Right-click on the assets0.pk3 and select "open with..." and then select WinZip from the list.

2)

Click on "path" (the grey button right above the file list) to list the files according to path

3)

Select all "models/chars/reborn" files

4)

Extract them to "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder"

5)

this will give you the "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder\models\players\reborn" folder

6)

rename "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder\models\players\reborn" to "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder\models\players\kyle"

7)

Now think of what version of the reborn you want to use. There are various files with "boss_" or "acrobat_" at the beginning. Delete all files you don't want to use!

If you want an acrobat, delete all files with "boss_", "forc_" or "fence_" at the beginning.

8)

Also delete all ".skin" files, beside the "model_blue.skin", "model-red.skin" and "model_<the reborn you want>.skin" (for example: model-acrobat.skin")

9)

rename the "model_<the reborn you want>.skin" to "model_default.skin"

10)

Right-click on "C:\Windows\Desktop\New Folder" and select add to zip.

11)

In the WinZip window, which will pop up, select "include subdirectories"=yes, "save paths"=no, "compression"=none.

12)

Enter "C:\Windows\Desktop\sp_reborn.pk3" in the "save-as" line at the top and push "ok"

13)

Place the "sp_reborn.pk3" into your base folder and play the game. That's it!!!!!

(I know that the file size can be drastically reduced by editing the model_default.skin in the "models/players/kyle" folder only, but I don't want to confuse the padawan.)

Have fun, Reborn! :)

Knowing my potential to be a tech super-n00b, I tried this with the demo folder so as not to **** up my full version. Should it work with the demo as well? I followed your instructions, trying to change the sp model to a reborn_boss.

In Winzip there was no "include subdirectories" option. There was an option that said "include hidden files and folders" I checked that one, guessing it to be the same. Everything else I did exactly as you explained, but still got a corrupted pk3 when I tried to start. Would backing up your full version be as simple as copying the original pk3, and putting it somewhere for backup, before changing it?

I assume it would be pretty easy to have preconfigured pk3's that we could just drop into our base folders to change our sp model. I would do it, but we dont want everyone's exe crashing because of corrupt pk3's ;)

In reply to poster above me- it won't work in the demo, I've tried.

Now, I have a question for the model-replacing man; would it be possible to do this with a skin? I've done the mod many times over with models from the game, but when I attempt to do it with a skin I have downloaded, he's invisible. Is there an extra step to it or something? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been answered.

Archived