Home

Does anyone have a Humanoid model template?

ccp70

Hello all,

I was wondering if a humanoid model "template" exists which is ready to be directly exported from Max to XSI. Let me explain.

I've tried to import a "root.xsi" into Max but it seems that the mesh is not weighted to the bones after import - at least that is what carcass complains about after I export the same mesh without any modifications whatsoever.

So, i was wondering if anyone has, or knows of, a generic humanoid mesh (in Max 4 file format) which is properly weighted to the bones and is ready for XSI export and carcass compilation? I would find this very helpfull because I could then modify the mesh polys and not worry about assigning bone weights to parts of the mesh that I haven't touched. No point in re-inventing the wheel :)

BTY - I'm pretty new to this whole modeling thing and I have searched throught the previous pages for help - and I've read spacemonkey's tutorial so forgive me if this topic has been mentioned before. Also, if I'm doing something wrong during import and I can use the "root.xsi" model please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Archived