Home

stupid newb questions

Saruman

can anyone help?

every time I try to edit some skins, like changing the icons, or anything, jk2 doesn't recognize the skins anymore.

I extracted the files, changed them and rezipped it with winace.

What's wrong? Am I just too stupid?

And is there any possibiity to change the bot script in that way, that they'll cooperate in trying to kill me? (Imagine Obi-Wan and Anakin battle Count Dooku !!!!!)

And finally, is it possible to give them more innovative combat stile? (bots doing the push-backward stab trick might be a better practice challenge, as my ping rate is too slow for online battles).

Please, please, help

:jawa

ok, I did save them as jpegs and I also didn't change any names.

I also tried to change just a few pixels in my skin's default icon and rezipped the whole thing, but nothing worked.

I accidently found out, that all my changes would show up in the game, when I saved my altered pk3-file and the original file both in the base directory. Any idea, why?

I set the emotional attachment value to 2 for two bots, but that won't prevent them from battle each other instead of me. Something wrong? any other ways?

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but that's why i posted it in THIS thread... LOL.

What program are you guys using? I have photoshop 6.0 and Paintshop Pro 7 here and I can't see a single goddam file in any of the model subfolders. Not ONE. WTF do I have to do to extract these things? I have the skinning tutorial put out by JKii.net, but it really doesn't help me...

Little assistance here?

Archived