Home

Slave 1 Model.... really WEIRD problems....

DarkSkywalker

Hey guys.

When I save my Slave 1 in md3 format, everything appears correctly in the md3 viewer, however when I put it into the editor, I get THESE errors:

slave1problem.JPG

Basically, everything on the left side of the model is fine, but whatever I mirrored over to the right side (in 3dstudio) is like "inverted." I can see the textures of whatever is behind what Im supposed to see... Look at the pic for a better explination. This problem is very odd in my opinion. Ive spent about 2 hours tweaking the model last night and this morning and re-importing it into the editor with the same results. I just dont know whats wrong! Any help would be nice!?!

This is a problem 3D studio max can cause when mirroring shapes. It has happened to me quite a lot while working on Half-Life models. Simply make note of all the inverted surfaces, select them in Max, then flip them. It may look strange in Max but it should export fine. Also, apply ResetXForm of your objects when you mirror/scale them, this helps to avoid many nasty problems that seem to only present themselves once you've exported the model.

Ok, everything works great, EXCEPT now I have this weird dillema. The model will work flawlessly in singleplayer, but the second i step into multiplayer, the skin wont work! What the **** is wrong with my model! lol Basically, I get the white skin of death (or white no-skin of death, or whatever)

Archived