Home

has anyone given any thought to a MUD sort of mod?

JediMuppet33

i have been waiting for something like this to surface, so far journey in the dark seems to be more of a TFC type mod than an RPG.

at the start i dont even think it has to be very large to code. it needs some sort of respawnable bots that dont show up on the scoreboard and have each have various amount of exp. the exp woudl be saved like frags and allow you to expand in your skills.

that is ofcourse the most basic of rpg type. what woudl make it more enjoyable woudl having the server be more like a persistant world, meaning that the coder woudl have to develope some sort of saving system that woudl record each players "character" later the progression coudl be changed to skill-based so you only gain in a skill if you use that skill (ie: jump a lot more skill in force jump etc.)

different melee weapons and new monsters coudl be added over time as well as maps , if some one is thinking about an RPG/mud mod for jk2 let me know as i woudl be happy to make some maps and monsters (starwars based or medival based) for it.

if starwars based, weapons coudl even be kept in but ammo woudl have to be purchased (such the downside for getting the ranged advantage) credits woudl then be given out on monster kills much like exp.

i think the biggest issue woudl be making the characters savable and having respanable bots (monsters)

please some one take this on :)

-keto

Archived