Home

I need some help

CyCo

Im trying to edit the yellow lightsaber.. well.. because i dont like yellow and i cant get it to work. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my PK3 file?

You can DL that here

If anyone could tell me... id really appreciate it.

Thanks

-CyCo

that DL wont work... either im the stupidest bitch ever or Brinkster is fugged up...

Anyways... if anyone could still tell me how to edit a specifiec lightsaber color, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

-CyCo

Ok, two things:

1. I understand your "i cant get it to work" as the game won't run. That happens when the jpg compression is too high. Try the following:

extract the original yellow....jpg again (be sure not to delete your edited ones), open them and copy paste your new files over it, merge all and save without changing any options to the jpg file. Now put this jpg into the pk3 archive.

2. You missed one file for the menu, it's the saber_yellow.tga You'll need this so the saber is correctly shown in menu.

And a lost thing you should also know. By just replacing the sprites you won't change the saber's glow on the floor and the glowing trail when you swing it.

The color for this is defined in the code, so you have to edit this as well.

I had this problem as well for a long time, but since the code is released it's possible to chanhe and add sabers.

Archived