Home

last secret in NS streets, garbage shute

skygodofirony

[some minor spoilage]

At the end of NS streets, there's a droid working on a panel, which you press to move an arm closer to you, force pull the second arm, and jump onto the garbage cart. You then ride the cart, with some button pushing, to the end of the level.

When you first get on the cart, there is an open garbage dump thing which looks like you should be able to jump into it. I'd even be willing to bet you come out at the grate above the aforementioned grate.

However, I can't seem to make the jump. I've tried crouching, diving, all sorts of things, even strafe and circle jumping to the extent that they work (not much). Anyone got any help for this?

Thanks.

This took me FOREVER, so I can relate, but once you get the hang of it believe it or not it's not that tough. I tried it about 20 or more times before I got it, but afterwards I could probably do it half the time I attempt it. Anyways, you have to do what's called a crouch jump (which you may have heard of) to go just slightly higher and make it. The problem is, even though I knew this, I was doing the crouch jump wrong all along. Give this a try. Jump to the garbage dumpster and stand in the middle (or possibly the far edge) from the shoot - I can't remember which for sure works best, but try it both ways. Now, when you jump, right before you reach the shoot, TAP crouch - do NOT hold it down - that was my whole mistake - you have to hit it real quick and let go. After a few tries, you'll see how it works (just raises you a little bit) and you should make it fairly easily. Good luck and I hope this helps. Let me know.

Shaun

Yeah, that did the trick, once I figured out how to do it. I actually had to rebind my crouch key to get the timing right. I was doing the hold down thing, which doesn't seem to work.

Interesting that they'd use the halflife-esque crouch jump in a game based on the q3 engine.

Thanks for the tip.

Archived