Home

My lightsaber blade got stuck in my leg - HELP! (Saber modeling problem)

Chiss Lord

i think it has to do with your flash tag.

tags MUST be right angle triangles, with one side TWICE the length of the other (not talkin bout the hypotenuse)

the long side is the one pointing up (z axis) while the short side is the one pointing sideways (either x or y axis)

Um, what? Sorry I don't know what you're talking about.

I see my X Y and Z axises. (This is in Milkshape)

What do I have to do to make it work? (Try to go step by step. I don't know anything about flash tags at all or how to mess arround with them.)

oh man that blade looks like it's coming from... errr... never mind...

anyway, in order to create a tag, do this. create a Plane with a height twice as long as its width. so that means if your height is 2, width will be 1. now, delete ONE vertex from the rectangular plane. you will now end up with a triangle. go into perspective view, turn on smooth shading, and rotate the view. if you've done it right, you should be able to see the triangle from one side ONLY.

now grab your triangle and name it tag_flash. after that, place the triangle where you want your blade to emit from. it should be placed in such a way that it's sitting on its shorter side, which means you get it pointing skywards. the long side should be aligned to the center of your saber. hope that helped.. =P

Please! We've got a great model of Obi-wan's lightsaber hilt but there is a need for a skinner and a UVW mapper.

The model is fantastic but the help of an experienced and good skinner is needed.

Anyone who has skinned models before are encouraged and needed desperately to skin the project. Anyone interested please proceed to the following thread

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62276 Thanks alot. Please reply as soon as possible.(skinners, please!)

May the force be with all of you... ...

:gben:

great explanation Methuselah but i think that chric lord is using milkshape so there are no planes.

make 3 verticies in the front view to form a right triangle:

/|

¯

make a face from them.

selct by face and regroup it , then rename to "tag_flash"

change your front view from wireframe to flatshaded , if you can see the face then select it and in form the top bar Face> reverse vertex order , until you can not see it in front view flatshaded mode.

reimport and i think it shoudl work fine

hope this helps,

-keto

Archived