Home

JK2 does not run

w3pa

Hey guys! I've just registered in this forum but I'm not a noob in JK, I've finished the first JK and the mysteries of sith and I've also beaten JK2 ( though only on "Jedi difficulty";) ). Well, I'll go straight to the point: My JK2 suddenly started displaying a message "could not load OpenGL subsystem." I've consulted the Troubleshooting Guide and I've done all the instructions on it... I have an nVidia Geforce2 MX400 with 64MB of video memory and I can't understand why my game suddenly stopped working... The only reason I could think for this problem is maybe a conflict with another game. I lent my CD to a friend bcoz I already beat the game, and at the time I can remember installing Heroes4, C&C Renegade AND Dungeon Siege... I can't figure it out bcoz JK2 used to work pretty well with my system without me needing to upgrade the video drivers and stuff... can someone out there tell me how I can fix this? has anyone ever experienced a conflict with any of the games mentioned above? All I can say is that the console displays messages like "failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT","GLW_choosePFD failed", so far, that's all I could find... I'm not that deep in programming language since I'm just starting to study C++ so very little of these makes sense to me, so please help me, I really wanna try out some of the stuff I've downloaded, oh yeah, sorry if this message is a bit long, I kinda thought it would be better to put in all the necessary info in one sitting... :o

LoL, thanks for the advice but I already reformatted my Computer and all, just so JK2 will work again, and it did!! I made sure I installed the latest drivers from the start, shouldn't be having anymore problems...I hope:)

Archived