Home

Tusken Raider, Jar Jar and IG-88 Models all here w/ pics

KDOGGG

How would I go about adding the caps and what not to convert an already made model into a working mp character for JK2. I found some sweet models that I'd like to convert like a Jar Jar, A tusken raider and IG-88. Below is a link to what the Tusken Raider, IG-88 and JarJar look like. If anyone knows where there is a good tutorial on how to convert models to play in JK2 please post them.

Tusken Raider

IG-88

Jar Jar Binks

• 2 weeks later...

Those models are way too high poly to even think of getting into jk2. It would take as much work to optimize them and make sure they look decent as it would to start new ones.

Look for some low-poly modeling tutorials if you want to get started. Then, to get it in game, read spacermonkeys tutorial (it comes with the tools). If you have questions about the tutorial (and you will, oh you will :D ) i'd be happy to help you.

I'm working on getting a IG-88 model ingame right now (waiting on a skinner), but I'd love to see a tusken raider model.

Jar Jar, however, is the spawn of satan himself :D

Actually, optimization and tweeking would take as long to model it IF you could model a decent looking jar jar from scratch. As these models are high in polycount. they are also extremely accurate and it might be easier for a non-experienced modeller to lower the polys and tweek it. plus if your lucky, you wont have to skin it if you can point to the already made textures still. Its worth a try, i say go for it. there are plenty of tutorials that will explain how to cap it and tag it.

and Epimetheus, it would look like crap if he took it too far and didnt play with the vertices a little when he's done. If he does do it right, it could prove to be a very accurate model. Also, he'd have to lower the polygons in the right places. Like leaving more polys for the head than say the torso.

Do IG-88 First as a practice, then do the tusken when your comfortable, and then that you have some experience under your belt, give a try at the gungan.

First off, give credit to the author/s of the models. Secondly, Optimize like hell in 3d Studio MAX, and if that fails, use the model itself as a backround and create a low-poly model urself. (Using the highpoly backround as a map.)

honestly, with those models, it would be MUCH easier to go from scratch building a new model - however they would be a good basis to start from for a character model, ie building a new mesh using the high poly setup as an outline, then deleting the high poly stuff, but that has already been said

:)

Archived