Home

Saber Model

Glorin

I made me a sword to replace my lightsaber. Being this my first model I know next to nothing about modeling, though I think I have made me a nice model considdering the above. My problem is I dont know how to..err, complete it. i.e transfer the 3d model to the jko world and make it into a pk.3 Any advise would be greatly appritiated.

Thanks, -Glorin

hmm, a sword is a nice idea, but how are u gonna make it do damage? i tried just an extended hilt along thoes lines, and it just passes through people. unless, u could extend the saber blade along the sword blade, redo the images so its transparent, and blank out the sounds...

Well, being my first model im learning as I go, and I was going to work it all out as I move along. Iv got the model done but there are a few problems.

1) As shown in the tatorial Majai gave me, it states a way to get a picture of the original one next to your model one. Im using 3D studio max 4 and I was unable to do so with that tatorial, so if I were to make the thing work it would prolly crash the game because it would be as big as the entire map.

2) Being 3D studio Max 4, the tatorial of gmax was quite diffrent therefore rendaring me helpless so I didnt know how to properly export what into where and do things of the sort.

In short, unless I download Gmax or someone give me a tatorial for 3D Studio Max 4 ill have to do it some other way i.e give the file to someone with 3D Studio Max 4 and let the do it and give me the finnished result.

If you could help me in any way post it here or e-mail me at Glorinc@hotmail.com p.s The link still helped, Thanks Majai :)

Thanks -Glorin

Archived