Home

JK2 Demo Version Differences

ajamedor

Those who have retail, have you had some serious play around with the Demo version?

I'm still tossing up which one I like better between the retail and the demo version of the Yellow Stance DFA.

The multiplayer retail looks good and creates a lot of damage but the demo version is so much more stylish and can't move around while performing it (much like what the back-swing attackers do).

The roll distance has been nerfed so it isn't faster than a run (which seems totally legitimate and logical).

Have a go at playing it, I wouldn't mind if that Yellow Stance DFA were implemented in retail version, just with a stronger damage, much like the current multi-retail DFA.

(Although I still like Yellow Stance Multi-Retail DFA. Pretty cool with that back hand up swing. It just looks unrealistic compared to the demo. The demo jumps over the guy and uses his lightsaber on the way across where the multi-retail version seems to jump land 'ON' the person (or near of course) with a backswing up to only defend himself. Pretty risky move if it were more realistic, since you may be landing on a lightsaber!)

Check out the demo, compare it, post your thoughts...they may be put in to someone's mod in the future? :D

Ah...I believe the demo version is 1.03, while retail is 1.02, which explains the differences in a lot of the moves.

Incidentally, blue = fast stance, yellow = medium (initial) stance and red = heavy stance. The red "leap forward and cut them in half move" is called the DFA, while the yellow special doesn't appear to have a short name, but is the one where you flip over them, dangle your saber in their head, then land with your saber pointing out.

To Reiver:

Yes I know the Single is same as the multi but when I say multi, I could also mean for the single but we mainly focus on multi on these forums :-)

To Sutek:

I agree the demo is 1.03 style but I have patched the 1.02 retail to 1.03 and played around with 1.03a but it still has the same attack style unlike the demo. I know red stance is called DFA and yellow doesn't have a name but I've temporarily called it Yellow Stance DFA because, yes..it's death from above considering you are jumping on or near their head with the backhand up-swing.

The demo 'yellow stance dfa' is impressive. I don't like the demo version kicking though. He jumps high and doesn't a stomp on the head. Much like Chun-Li in street fighter. I prefer the in your face snap kick :-)

Archived