Home

Bot Paths????

Emperor Cyros

There are some specific commands to use when making bot routes but here is a simple and very effective way to do it:

First of all you dont do it in the map editor.

Compile your map (im not a mapper so I dont know the procedure)

Open notepad and copy this into it:

// Start bot Waypoint edit commands

bind 1 bot_wp_add // adds a waypoint

bind 2 bot_wp_addflagged j // adds a jumppoint, use this on ledges or places so the bot knows it can jump to it

bind 3 bot_wp_rem // removes a waypoint

bind 4 bot_wp_save // saves your waypointing

// End

Save the file as botwaypoint.cfg and place it in your base dir

then start the game, open console (shift+~) then type:

/devmapall yourmapname; bot_wp_edit 1

press enter.

Then when map is loaded stand still, open console again and type:

/exec botwaypoint

Ok now your waypoint adding starts.

Where you stand press 1 to add 1st waypoint, you will notice a few "0" floating around, its the waypoint number. Then simply run around your map pressing 1 to add points to your map, now these waypoints dont have to be in a specific route order for the bot to follow them, as he can ingame when he follows them switch between waypoint 5 to 45 if he finds that route to be that fastest.

Just make sure you cover the map decently so the bot can reach all areas, and also dont forget to tag those places he must or can jump to with the jump waypoint, in this case press 2 when on the spot he should jump to.

After you are done with your way points you will see that your map is filled with floating numbers. So now press 4 to save.

A few seconds of calculating is made and you may or may not get some errors, Ive never succeded in making a fault free waypoint editing yet hehe, seems those Jump points are the hardest to get right, but dont worry, even if you get errors it will still work.

Ok when you are done, leave game and look in your Base dir (or wherever your map is located) after the folder "botroutes" and in it should be your new waypoint file:

"yourmapname.wnt"

Ok now simply add the botroute folder with the *.wnt file in it to your map pk3 so you would have the structure:

/botroutes

/maps

/scripts

etc

And now you have waypoints.

I know it sounds clumbsy and so on but as I said, Im not a mapper, I usually do codes and commands/script stuff.

But this works, and its easy.

Hope it helps...

Leen

Archived