Home

glm to md3 in milkshape

VIO

milk shape doesnt like anyhting but 256x256 indexed color bitmaps, if you really wanted to see the skins in MS (not sure why you wold though) you woudl need to first create the materials and assin them to the corresponding groups, then take all the jps and tga from the folder and trun them all in to 256x256index bmp.

to my knoledge this woudl work but again i woudl recommned just uses md3view to see the skin on a model for skinning purposes. if it is model editing your looking for then yes milkshape is great but you will still need 3dsmax4 for the xsi exporter/ vertex weighting/ heirarchy etc. etc.

hope this helps

-keto

Originally posted by RelFexive

If you figure out how to get the skin to go on too, let me know.

Being a total MilkShape Idiot I'm lost.

Ok, after you've imported the glm, go to the second tab, groups, and select the group you want to apply the skin to. Now go to the materials tab, and click the "new" button near the bottom. "Material01" should pop up in the previously empty window in the upper right. Toward the center of the materials tab toolbar, theres a pair of buttons both named "<none>". Click the top one. Locate the skin file for the group you selected and open it. Click the assign button and repeat.

I have a bit of a shaky at best tutorial on getting custom MD3 models to work in radiant now. it also includes a little gmax primer for mappers as well as working with milkshape to re-export a correct md3 model for jedi knight ii.

volrath

P.S. The tut should be up on RichDiesal's Tutorial University prolly tonight or so, so I would like feedback on it. I'm ok around these modeling programs I guess but if I got something or did something I shouldn't have then please let me know. Thanks!

Yay!

I got it to work!

Import .glm: check.

Apply various textures according to info in .skin file: check.

(caps.tga found in textures/common and copied to working directory)

Create qc control file: check.

Altered .qc file to have correct paths and texture files: check.

(see a tutorial on the MilkShape site for exporting to Q3A .md3 models for info on this)

Exported to .md3: check.

Put .md3 in map using misc_model: SUCCESS!!!

thank you reflesive for hijackinh my thread:eek: and iwould like to borrow it for a second can some one answear my questino wat should i use to model in jkii besides 3dmax, ok carry on

Archived