Home

can -anyone- answer this question?

MasterD-LeyAmas

The more I think about it, the more I think that this might be a coding question, so here goes:

I'd like to know if anyone out there can tell me how to edit the way each saber style works. Now before you go jumping at an answer, let me elaborate.

I have made the JediMoves mod that has recently been posted on JediKnightII.net, and as part of the mod, I switched the two-handed saberstyles with the one-handed ones, which you should know what I'm talking about if you answer this question.

What I can't get to work is the way the saber styles chain together. When you replace the animations from the 1hand/strong to the 2hand/strong, it still chains poorly like the 2hand/strong did. It also can only be chained up to 3 times like before, and not infinetly like it usually can be.

If anyone out there knows what I'm talking about and can help, please lend a hand. If I can get that part of the mod working, it will enable the full use of the other two saber styles in multiplayer.

:ben::saberb:

I don't know what your moves you are talking about are, so this probably won't help much, but in bg_saber.c there is a big table of saber stuff with comments:

// name anim startQ endQ setanimflag blend, blocking chain_idle chain_attack trailLen

the chain_idle, or chain_attack might have something to do with that, but i really don't know, just a thought. My suggestion would be just wander around in the code for a little while looking for things that might do what you want. Sorry, i can't be much help.

Thanks for the help, that was actually the exact file that needed editing. I've made the JediMoves v1.1 mod now so that all saber styles are infinitely chainable in MP, thanks to finding that file.

Really, can't thank you enough, would've never found it, because I don't have any formal C++ knowledge, just an idea of logic structures. I would've waded through the MP source code for weeks without finding it.

Archived