Home

Really easy way to patch out BS . . .

cig

What do you think of pull force an backstabs?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of pull force an backstabs?

• Pull should remain as it is, no BS dmg change
    • Pull shouldnt be allowed to knock down, no BS dmg change
    • Pull should remain as is, an lower BS dmg
    • Pull shouldnt be allowed to knock down, an lower BS dmg
    • Pull, whats that do, or whats a Backstabb?

Really simple solution to make BS less popular. Cut the damage somewhat and make it so that pull cannot knock down no matter what. Its just way too easy to follow up a pull-knock down with a attack, not just BS. The options for standing up are way too crummy to have something like pull immediately knock you down like it does. Its so Fing stupid, I cant believe they let it be allowed to knock down in the 1st place. Pull should be for guns, should possible cause sabers to unignite briefly, an pulling people into pits/flipkicks.

I think this makes tons of sense.

One of the most effective ways to counter BS move or a DFA is to flipkick, but they have been nerfed to the point of uselessness by being double tap jump in 1.03. In 1.02 the flipkick was a one tap jump. We need this move fixed to 1.02ness again.)

Maybe instead of not allowing pull to knockdown, they could tweak the knockdown a little.. i.e.: if they let you push and/or do some kind of saber attack while you are getting up, it wouldn't be so easy to run to the downed opponent and finish him..

Still, saber combat requires a few more tweaks to make it good again.. mostly undoing what they did in the last patch.. :cool:

It's the getting up that sucks.... It's too slow, even if you are jumping up. The other day I was playing CTF and I got pulled down repeatedly by the same guy... I would jump up after being knocked down and he'd still get me with BS. A couple of times I was over his head in mid jump when I'd be killed by bs. It isn't a timing issue. Just nerf the damage a little. Make it possible to survive at least one hit....

^^^ I never said I don't think that BS damage should be lowered as well.. I certainly think it should.. and the crazy multispin should go away as well, it is damn stupid that you can spin like a wheel when you backslash.

BTW, what I posted above were but a couple things that I came up with .. there must be a bazillion possibilities to solve the knock down problem in a clever way.. I just hope Raven picks 1!!

Another few:

- Allow you to roll away when you are knocked down (like in other games). At least they could allow you to do this if you do it really fast after being knocked down..

- Allow you to REMAIN on the ground until you hit the jump key (so you can't be hit by BS).

- Allow you to return the favor: trip the opponent with your feet.

Backstab has a two second time before it does any damage. It is VERY easy to dodge during normal combat. If anything, just decrease the amount of time it takes to stand up. Decreasing backstab just because of one use of it would make a valuable, but needing good timing move, into a worthless piece of flak.

Originally posted by GoldenTiger

Backstab has a two second time before it does any damage. It is VERY easy to dodge during normal combat.

LoL, are we talking about the same game/same move?? . Backstab/backslash does damage almost instantaneously, unless your ping is like 800 :p Even when I am playing with a good ping (~80) and the server is not lagging, sometimes I am killed with full health before I even see the backslash animation starting.. :p So much for the supposed 2-second delay :D .

Getting up faster would only partially solve the infamous pull/BS combo.. if you are knocked down next to the opponent he can start the backslash as soon as he pulls you, so little chance of avoiding it there. As I suggested above, I think the solution should be a combination of:

-lowering the damage.. by 30-40% more or less.

-not allowing knockdowns so easily.. it should be harder to use force pull, favorite force power together with absorb for a good reason.

-not allowing spinning as you backslash (as in SP). Confine the greatest damage made by the swing to the back.. if other moves that are harder to connect, and make less damage, are useless if you turn 360º when you perform them, why should BS be any different?

-allow manouvering while on the ground: rolls, side jumps to get up, kicks to make the opponent fall, whatever.

I was really tired of saber combat after the first week with the 1.03 patch, after liking it very much with 1.02. Now that most people are used to 1.03, I am sick of it altogether. If anyone doesn't prove me wrong, on many games 90-95% of the saber kills are BS kills. I think this week will be the last I play JK2 MP if they don't release a better patch.. and I am sad because I thought I could play this game for months before the f*****g 1.03 patch :mad:

I am 100% sure that most people would like another patch that would put things very much like they were in 1.02.. (except the pull/BS exploiters probably).

-lowering the damage.. by 30-40% more or less.

-not allowing knockdowns so easily.. it should be harder to use force pull, favorite force power together with absorb for a good reason.

-not allowing spinning as you backslash (as in SP). Confine the greatest damage made by the swing to the back.. if other moves that are harder to connect, and make less damage, are useless if you turn 360º when you perform them, why should BS be any different?

-allow manouvering while on the ground: rolls, side jumps to get up, kicks to make the opponent fall, whatever.

Well.... the first three fixes are available in 1.03a, but it's still like putting a bandage on a broken leg without full official support. Raven, give us an official patch so we can kiss these spammers good-bye. :mad:

Archived