Home

3dmax exporting to XSI

dpittman42

did you follow the tut and have everything named right?

what program are you using to see the mesh gone?

have you run assimilate and made it into a glm?

could you be more descrpitive and explain the steps you are tacking exactly, its a little vague right now so i dont understand.

Ok, yes I folowed the tut and did everything according to Spacemonkey. I have not made it into a .glm yet as I have not finished the LOD meshes and assimilate hangs on LOD 1.

I am reloading the root.xsi I just exported from max, back into max to view it. Does that make any sense?

why are you trying to import the .xsi you just made, i think it woudl be better to save it while in max as max's default file then when you hit an error you just go back and reload the max file. i have never tried to load up the xsi in max but i am guessing that it doesnt work.

once you have the root.xsi (of your model) you just put it in the _humanoid directory and run assimilate making a model.car in the directory of your model. then the .glm will be in the _humanoid dir and you just drag it over to yours. then set up the .skin and check how it deforms in modview.

when you're exporting to .XSI you'll get a little menu before it saves the file, make sure the little tick box that says Meshes is ticked otherwise you'll just export the bones etc. Hopefully that was all that you did wrong (ttrust me did it a few times)

Archived