Home

Request to Mod makers

volrathxp

Just some simple requests to people who are making multiplayer mods like the Hydroball mod and/or TC mods and new gametypes.

- Please make an installer package. Reason I ask this is it would be easier for those people that have no clue about mods and whatnot could see Setup.exe and know they have to run that instead of seeing ourmod.pk3 and wondering "Where the hell does that go?" They have freeware programs out there like Setup Generator that will make you a custom installer package just like a pro. Real easy to use and easy to work with.

- If it's a mod like Hydroball or some mod that it's a new game or whatnot: Please make the necessary UI changes to let the player know that they're playing your mod. Maybe a logo or background change but something at least. Cuz you know, some people might try to load your mod and it takes them back to the main menu after they load it and it's the default main screen. They're like "Huh? It didn't work". Something at least to distinguish the mod from the actual game.

That's all I have for now, if I think of anything more I'll run it across here.

volrath

real mods don't go in your base folder :p

they go in their own folder under GameData. Not many people know that and I just simply think it would be easier for people as well as present a larger level of professionalism. You know.. to show that you took the time to present your mod well and so more and more people will want to play it.

Plus if it's a TC mod like I noted that I was requesting people do this for. You also have to include the modified source code and while yes this is done in the pk3 as well, it all goes back to visual aesthetics and making your mod presentable.

Archived