Home

Bot Questions (About them not from them)

Jason_W

1 - Is there any way to prevent a bot character from using a weapon entirely. I've tried setting the weights in the bot file to 1, but i still get my Anakin bot 'disrupting' bloody Clonetroopers. I've also tried removing the weapons from the list. That doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

2 - Is there a way to make a bot 'friendly' towards your character in free for all. I tried putting a name in the 'Emotional attatchments field, set to 2, then naming my player character the same thing (works in theory...) but Anakin still destroyed me (...but not in practice it would appear. Well at least he didn't shoot me). Anything?

3 - A simple one to finish. What is the max number of emotional attatchments a bot may have. I've heard 4, but I've seen a bot file with 5 (not sure if it worked though)

That'll do for now I suppose.

i dont know much about bot editing but from what you have written it seems you want more of the npc features than a bot. i woudl suggest writing a script for in Behave (icarus). and then spawning it in game, from that i think you can make him not have any weapons and be friendly.

i have also heard only 4 emotional attachments but havent tried anything higher

By a 'friendly' character, I mean more of an ally, which would require weapons, and work with your character like bots can (I programmed a Obi Wan + Anakin team which work amazingly. I was just wondering if this Emotional attatchments feature can be applied to include player characters, without going into Teamm FFA or anything.

Set the weapon preference on any weapon you do not want them to use to 0, it says in the botfile: "Weapons with a weight of 0 will be used in special cases outside of combat"

So, if you don't want a bot to be able to use a saber, or a blaster, or a disruptor, set it's weapon weight to 0.

I too have been trying to work out emotional attachments, without success. I've tried just about everything and I still can't get it.

I was told to try the Simple Bot Editor which I couldn't because of that 20mb runtime file.. over my download limit for this month :(

Perhaps you can try that?

The simple bot editor can't do anything you can't do in a word document (please correct me if I'm wrong) so that won't help. ActuallyI have a new theory. How about setting the emotional attatchments name to HUMAN, as a player character is listed in the server setup. Probably doesn't work, as I haven't tested it. I'lll try it out sometime in the next 16 hours and get back to you.

Could work, worth a try :p

I tried using names and the actual model names, but nothing seemed to work. I assumed that it might have something to do with the TAB spaces, because that happened to me in Elite Force. I changed one TAB space and everything stopped working...

Oh well, if you have any progress, i'd like to know too :)

Originally posted by MasterD-LeyAmas

So, if you don't want a bot to be able to use a saber, or a blaster, or a disruptor, set it's weapon weight to 0.

If you set some gun to 0 then that bot doesn't use

it exept if someone else uses it...

===========================

If you are going to build model or skin

or... and make bot for it then i hope

that you use this as a starting-point

when you set his force powers....

------------------------------------

Light side = 7-1-x*xxxx000xx000*LLx

Dark side = 7-2-0*xxx0xxx0000x*LLx

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---

Those which i set 0 keep them them 0 :)

If character is Jedi or Sith then those

which i marked with * should be 1-3

If character is going to use lightsaber

then those which marked with L should

be 1-3

And in those which i marked with x you

can have what you want (0-3)

But do not exceed 20 points total

============================

I've been trying to figure out this prob lately.. i'm still not sure what to do.

I know hatelevel factors into it.. I think that has something to do with if their lovedone gets killed and they try to get revenge.

Also, i've noticed that even the games bots don't do what they're supposed to.. so i'm not sure if its EmotionalAttachment or EmotionalAttachments

I just tried that... it works :D

EmotionalAttachments.. with the S on the end.. some of the bot files in the assets.pak have it without the S

I have.. EmotionalAttachments {

TAB-SPACE [name] TAB-SPACE TAB-SPACE 2

}

the bots dont even attack eachother on straight FFA.. its awesome

Yeah, I've had that working for a while, bots working with bots, but a bot working with human player config without resorting to Team FFA would be nice (allowing more than two teams). Maybe someone will make a mod.

Archived