Home

Multiplayer Cras

Firestorm Rex

Greetings,

I have been playing Jedi Knight for 6 weeks now and haven't had a problem w/ the game...until now.

Just today I was trying to play a multiplayer game on the MSN Zone and more than once (about 9 times) the game crashes 0-2 minutes in and exits, giving me the following console message:

----- CL_Shutdown -----

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

S_RegisterSound: empty name

Does anyone know what this could mean?

My system:

Windows ME

386 MB DDR SDRAM

75 GB 7200 rpm HD

Creative Soundblaster Live! Value

Nvidia Gforce2 MX/MX 400 (and I just downloaded and tested the newest drivers before posting this message, [dated June 11, 2002])

1.4 Ghz AMD Athlon processor

Please respond ASAP, as I usually play this game alot during the day before I have other things to do.

Thank You,

Firestorm Rex

Are you sure it doesn't say something earlier than that in the console? Sometimes the error message is further up. Well since it says something about sound at the bottom, maybe you could try turning off EAX (if it's enabled), in the Setup / Sound menu? I don't really know, sorry, it's a stab in the dark...

ps if you want to dump the entire contents of the console history into a text file type

condump file.txt

and file.txt should show up into the "base" directory. You may need a leading slash for that (\condump ...)

Archived