Home

Still need help with Doom Detention! PLEASE!

Cristian

I'm still stuck on the doom detention stage. I tried the NOCLIP cheat but Jan is supposed to fallow me and the doors aren't open so please tell me how to open the door. It's the one in the room in the shuttle hanger(I think it's Dasann's shuttle) Anyway, I see the bard looking at the walll and there is a little switch but it's locked. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanx

you jsut rescued jan and you're now in the big hanger where you previously fought a reborn fencer and a reborn force user and a ****load of troopers?

you dont' need to go anywhere past the shuttle

go out of the hallway, into the hanger

proceed straight towards the door directly ahead of you and it SHOULD open. if it didnt', go look for a body of a imperial guy who didnt' dissapear. if you find one, take a key from him

although i dotn' remember there being a key needed....

Personally I tend to use the NoClip cheat when I'm too lazy to get to a place by ordinary methods, eg. in SP Nar Shadaa, a level I really don't like, I normally just noclip straight up to the garbage can. If you get really stuck, don't use noclip, refer to a walkthrough instead-- or ask us ;)

Anyway, I know the problem because in my wondering I encountered it too. Just before you find Jan, there's a big room with the shuttle you mentioned and a schizerload of stormtroopers, as well as a Reborn. You need to load a game so that you can get back to that room when there's still enemies there, first off. Kill em all, and one of the doors on the raised area behind the shuttle will become unlocked. Go through. Now you probably got stuck here before and used the noclip cheat, because the only other door out of this next little room is locked. There should be a glass wall, through which you can see an Imperial. Now, use the Mind Trick on him-- just once, and make sure you aim correctly. Despite the glass wall, the mind trick should still work. The Imperial will go to a console and activate it, which will unlock the door that leads to the detention room. One of the doors in the detention room is closed but not locked, open it and a touching little cutscene sees you finding Jan.

The next bit isn't too tough. She'll follow you, but make sure you don't get her killed when that Imperial that you Mind Tricked earlier comes out to attack you. When he's history, you have to work with Jan to get past a set of complicated doors. These doors can be opened by switches, but unfortunately as soon as you let go of the switch, the door will close. Jan will press the first switch, opening the first door. Go into the next little room, and press the next switch, which will open the next door. Stay holding that switch until Jan has gone past, through the door, and is on the other side holding down the next switch. Carry on until you reach that area with the shuttle where you fought the Stormtroopers and the Reborn. Go to the locked door in here (opposite from yours, on the raised area), and in a cutscene Jan will open it. Cue next level.

Good luck. :)

Archived