Home

Raven : Please do something about the super spinners

Raist

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you have come across people with insanely high mouse sensitivity who simply spin when you come near them doing the backslash...normally resulting in death or grevious bodily harm :D

Now while some of them I believe are scripted, some are just simply people with high mouse sensitivity. I specced a few ppl and it was erratic enough not to be scripted.

Unforunately I don't believe theres a solution for this problem as its inherent to the open nature Q3 engine but I also believe this problem once its more widespread (which it is becoming, I was on a server with 16 ppl doing it today) and to me, its worse then the pull/backslash combo, at least with that you tend to only get one person. I've seen these super-spinners take out 4 -5 people in a big crowd.

Options I can see are:

a) Limit mouse sensitivity (huge uproar I guess would be the end result)

b) Tone down or remove the spin move (not a chance of removal)

c) Put the bounce back in from the backslash move like 1.02 (probably the best solution)

What do you think? If this problem isn't fixed, saber combat will be a joke unfortunately.

Cheers

Raist

Actually thats is more of the changing of yawspeed via the console.

FA has done alot of expirememnting with it since we noticed alot of people on our Duel Server spinning like a mad man.

A person with there mouse set to be like breathe on me and I move still losses to a yawspeed changed person.

But yes that needs fixed to dissallow the change in yawspeed and for it to pull it from the server when its a pure server.

Cause it is about plain gay.

Archived