Home

Future Modeler... needs help w/sounds

nomad

edit[ NEVERMIND!! I FIGURED OUT WHAT MY MISTAKE WAS!! ]

I'm so inspired by all the great work going on in this community, I've started doing some bot and sound editing, and as soon as I'm done with that, I am going to see what I can do in 3dmax.

I hate to post this here where it's off topic, but I've posted in the General Editing Forum, and I haven't gotten any replies. I know the community better on these modeling boards, so I was hoping someone here might be willing to help me.

A Plea For Help With Player Sounds

I have created a Multiplayer bot for a Han Solo skin. The bot now works in game. I also attempted to give him custom sounds, but they do not work. I still keep on getting Reborn's (which I believe is the default) sounds and his taunt.

I put these files:

taunt.mp3

victory1.mp3

victory2.mp3

death1.mp3

death2.mp3

death3.mp3

pushed1.mp3

pushed2.mp3

pushed3.mp3

anger1.mp3

anger2.mp3

jdetected1.mp3

into the "sound/chars/hansolo/misc folder".

I also changed the text in the sound.cfg in the "models/players/hansolo" to:

[

chars/hansolo/misc

m

]

I tried removing all of the mp3's except for the one taunt.mp3 to see if the other sounds were named incorrectly, but it still did not work.

I am currently at a loss, and I cannot find anything that will tell me how to add custom sound files to a MP player model. I have not seen any tutorials on this subject, all I've done is examine what other people's created skins and models' sound files looked like, and attempted to do the same for my hansolo.

My pk3 file works, I can choose the character as a CP Bot, the added sound files are mp3 files and are in the correct place. What else do you need to do in order to add custom sounds?

Is there some other step that I need to take?

Is it something with the "animsounds.cfg" in "models/players/hansolo"?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

-nomad

Archived