Home

Noobie: Levelshot

ho!

MP map...

Can't seem to get the "levelshot" command to work. Did all the info_player_deathmatch stuff. Cheats are enabled. I load the map then type "levelshot" and enter in the consol. A nice levelshot comes up and the session ends with posted scores. No file is saved. How do i get a file to save?

Originally posted by ho!

No file is saved.

You sure? Check under base/levelshots. It should be called yourmapname.tga

also try binding levelshot command to a key (in this case F11 key).

type:

/bind F11 "levelshot"

then close console and press f11.

I'm definitely sure. I'll try binding the key. Also I'm loading the map on a dedicated pure server executing a custom cfg file. Is this all compatible? Another thing. Does the levelshot have to be in the pk3 dir /levelshots, and does it have to be a tga file (it appears that raven's levelshots are jpg)? Should the map automatically load the levelshot (ie is there something i need to do in the map to make the levelshot show)? Sorry about the flood of questions but I just haven't found any of these answers with hours of looking... thx

Maybe that it's dedicated server has to do with it. Heck, I dunno, just guessing.

Originally posted by ho!

Does the levelshot have to be in the pk3 dir /levelshots

It depends. If you use pure server (which seems the case) then you DO need to pack it up.

and does it have to be a tga file (it appears that raven's levelshots are jpg)?

No, it doesn't. Though the levelshot command will save TGA by default. You can then convert to JPG in some image editing program.

Just in case you didn't know, levelshot doesn't need to be generated by the game. You can create whatever image you want (keep it square 256x256 or 512X512 pixels) and put it under base/levelshots. You must give it the same name as your map, ie: map name is ffa_mymap.bsp and the levelshot name is ffa_mymap.jpg. The game will load it automatically.

Archived