Home

Additional Force Powers/Abilities

Gryphonvere

When I tried Jedi Outcast, I was quite excited but a little disappointed.

I kind of had hoped that you might be able to do what Vader did in ESB--throw THINGS at people. In the demo map, there are these explosive boxes--wouldn't THAT be fun to chuck at the Reborn!

In multiplayer as well, you could throw bits of pipe at each other, in Cloud City. In the Massassai Temple, you could throw pillars or chunks of rock at each other.

What do you think, some kind of a "Force Levitate" or an addition to Force Push/Pull or something similiar? I know it would be probably too powerful, but it definitely would be neat.

sure that sounds cool, but I dunno, I don't think my computer would be able to handle it lol

Would htat mean that you can completely pick apart a level, and eventually be playing in a giant crater where the Temple used to be?

lol, sounds interesting, but I don't know if it can be done looking at it from a technical standpoint

In the first jediknight they had force throw (i think that was the name of the force i'm thinking of) where any small objects laying around the room with fly at the target and damage him (damage amount being relative to the size of the object and speed in which it hit the player). I think you could do pretty good damage with a small object that was flying across the room (if the target didn't dodge)

Walls, large blocks, and other such things weren't throwable and so the level pretty much stayed the same.

U just kept throwing the same stuff that was there to begin with. Of course, if you throw twice in a row at the same person (if they are still in the same place), it's not going to do much damage since all the little pieces are already at his feet. Maybe a couple health points were takin off in this case (i didn't do a thorough study of how much damage was dealt)

well, u do have saber throw...

i would like to see this force throw thing...but that'll mean they have to make objects for u to pick and throw...if they make too many, then it's quite some trouble since i don't think you want to object to disappear after being thrown and to respawn like a weapon. If they make too few, then it'll just be some areas good for throwing...

also, a saber doens't do that much damage, considering that something like kick does 20. so how much hp would they have deducted from being hit by an object? since there are so many objects, there's a lot of calculate and stuff.

but i would love to see this

what's force destruction? didn't play jki

In SP there's a huge barrel thing that you can pull/push into the stormtroopers.

How would you choose to have the Force Throw? Would it be Vader style (e.g. aim at enemy or press button) or have it Maul/Anakin(Ep2) style (e.g. target object, then target person)?

It would be interesting to have a puzzle that had to be solved by Force Throwing something to get out of it...

Fossil25: Picture the Imperial Heavy Repeater's secondary fire, and imagine that it followed a straight line. That's practically what Force Destruction is.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Archived