Home

Coder(s) needed for a mod.

Sensori

Yes, like the topic says, we (me and an IRC friend of mine, uses nick Jucko there) need coder(s) for our mod. We have an idea, but the thing is that neither of us can code. The beauty of the idea is that almost nothing has to be done except coding. Details will be given on email.

The idea is too simple and at the same time too complicated. Making it "detailed" here would make the thing long, and I'm not one to talk about things that aren't even there yet on a public forum. I will tell a coder what it is about, but not everyone. Who knows, SOMEONE MIGHT EVEN STEAL THE IDEA!11 ;) Just kidding, but I don't wish to give details on a thing here that isn't even started to get anyone's hopes up.

How do you people think that I would tell the details on something that's not even in the making yet? I really don't get it. I have always thought that asking for an email isn't THAT hard either. It's possible not to give your Email for everyone to see too by using the private message feature. And yes, we really need a C++ coder for the mod, and pretty much nothing else.

What about the possibility for me to learn C++? Yes, I would if I could. Learning it well enough would take too long I'd wager. Months, if not even years. That's something I don't think would be even sane for making a single mod for a single game. The idea should work. All we need is a coder who knows what he's doing.

Oh well, I guess we're still in need of a coder/coders. Like I have said before, I will give details on the mod only through email. Or maybe through the PM system of this forum too. I won't tell any of the things we're thinking about on this thread. Asking for a PM or for an email shouldn't be too hard for anyone.

ok send me one and ill think of it. then i can tellu how good it is and if it will be interessting for other coders. mabe u will let me include it in my mod if its a godd idea and if i get some coders too...

but i think that i could get one soon. tomorrow mabe...

pretty frustrating tho...

Why should I tell people about the thing publically? I have no intentions to tell everyone what it would be about. And asking for a PM or for an E-mail isn't hard... And we have this principle of "first we must have something to show, then we shall tell others what it is about." Yeah, that's not usual in modding, but that's how it SHOULD go. You shouldn't be putting up a website before you know you're actually going to do anything. I've seen a million mods fade away in the "Website up!" phase. It's better not to start telling people what it MIGHT BE about until you actually HAVE SOMETHING. Do you understand what I'm talking about now?

Archived