Home

saber model need help with blade

Yodas grampa

ok this is a custom model i made in like 20 mins i will release it as soon as i know how to maake the blade ( glow bit ) :confused: i only had JK2 like 4 days now and i am interested in making models , I am currently making 12 other weapons ( soon finished ) any requests for a weapon while im still at it ?

anyone help with the blade ? :)

thnx in advance:D:)

YG

some renders

custom_saber.jpg

ok, in order to get the blade, you need to create whats called a tag. this is a 2d right angled triangular polygon, with one side twice the length of the other. make a spline, and draw out this shape, then convert it to a polygon. call it tag_flash, and align it so that the larger angle is where u want the blade to emit from and the shorter side is in-line with the blade. then, u will get a blade ingame.

oh yeh, yoda was 900 years old when he died, so 443 years old is more like his grandson, not grandpa :D

ok, in ur modelling program (3dsmax, gmax or milkshape, probably), make a 2d triangle. the easiest way to do this is with the Spline tool (or milkshape equivalent - i use gmax), and draw it. it needs to be right-angled, and one of the sides needs to be twice the length of the other. this triangle then needs to be converted from a line into a polygon (right click -> convert to -> ediatable poly in gmax), and named tag_flash. with me so far? then, place this 'tag' inside your model, with the larger angle of the triangle (not including the right angle) at the point on the model u want the blade to emit from, then rotate it untill the shorter edge of the triangle lies in-line with the hilt of the saber, keeping the point of it in the emmitter. this way the blade will emit in-line with the hilt, from the emmitter. then, export your model as normal and put it in-game, and voila! a blade

Archived