Home

Spawning scripts

Harukaze

Okay. I know this has been gone over before, but all I can find are bits and pieces of the full answer. So I'm going to play the part of the complete newbie, and ask a huge favor. Can someone smarter than I please explain step by step how to use BehavEd to craft a spawn script for a model not found in the original game? I have found a few Icarus scripts already compiled for the spawning of various NPCs at specific game points [Desann, just as an example, in the last stage of the game]. Even if I could decompile that [which may or may not be possible; I do not know], I am not sure that would help, since for now all I wish to be able to do is npc spawn the character.

Eventually, yes, I will wish to use this ability to spawn new models into SP map designs, but that's further down the road from what I'm doing now. I feel confident that by then, I'll be able to figure Icarus scripting out well enough that I can handle it. But I need a solid base to build from, and that's what I am asking from you now.

Oh, and I do realize that there are all sorts of different types of beings to spawn, with different attitudes controlled by the various commands in Icarus, so for the sake of ease, could we perhaps use a Jedi character for an example? Ie one that spawns with a lightsaber and follows the PC around waiting for an enemy to show up, just like the Jedi NPC models found already in game.

Thank you!

I'd be interested in this as well, so I'll bump this up. I am completely new at this (just started picking the game apart this weekend) and I've been trying to figure out how to make a spawn script for new players and replacing players in the game with other new skins. The problem I've had is getting the weapons right, replacements for the reborn have a saber poking up through their head, etc.

Archived