Home

mod idea: Droid Hunter

RamblinMan

Here's my idea:

-Everyone plays as the little jawa guys.

-There are 2 (maybe more) teams

-The goal is to use your emp weapons and traps to capture droids

-The droids are completely on crack. R2 units will move around really fast and try to electrocute players, Gonks would get pissed off and self-destruct and so on.

-Captured droids are turned into new weapons that are more efficient at capturing droids.

-Once in a while a super droid is dropped in they map. This droid can be anything from a superbattle droid, to a droideka, to an at-st (yeah I know, not REALLY a robot). Whoever captures this droid gets extra credit.

-Whatever team captured the most droids wins.

I'd try to make this myself, but I don't know how to code or map. I can model pretty well, just not for jk2 (I'm used to HL, I don't know how jk2 works. If someone could show me some pointers here I'll be really grateful). If someone is interested in making this, I'd help in any way possible.

that does sound like a really cool mod, some of the problems you might run into coding wise is that as bots or npcs the droids woudl need to have the humanoid.glm animations, while this woudl work fine for some the supperbattledroids and c3po ones like gonk or r2 i think will ahve to be reimported with new weights (some how not sure).

the other thing that might be a problem is having jawas be the players as small players isnt working yet. but since you said ALL the players woudl be jawas it wouldnt matter that they are human size if you make all the maps larger and the droids larger. but also you might not havew to deal with this isf the player scaling is figured out (come on yoda :)

if you really want to see this thing going i woudl recommned taking the idea further , creating a design document stating the concepts for the weapons/trapping device, possible map ideas, droids that you woudl want included, their specific abilities/characteristics (ie r2 shocks you and blinds you with its projector while shouting cuss words at you in beep talk. while the gonk simply blow themsleves up in certain situations)

you said that by capturing them allows you to get better tools for capturing well decide how that would be handled , like would each bots ahve a metal ammount that depending on how hard they were to capture that is how much metal you get and then by collecting enough metal you can create the new tools? the possiblities for how that woudl be handled go on and on.

well good luck with it :)

-keto

Archived