Home

I dont even know where to start

RamblinMan

Hey. I'd like to get into modelling for jk2 but I don't even know how it works, some pointers a tutorials would be really helpful especially for ms3d. I have lots of ideas in my head and I usually have to paitience and talent to pull them off. I'd really like to know how to make models (both weapons and players) for jk2. I use ms3d, is it possible with that program? I've searched on the forums but all the tutorials are for gmax.

itend to use MS3D, although im not an experienced modeler, istill like to try things out, ihavent seen many MS3D tutorials for JK2 either? probably is a reason but i cant help you there, if you have ideas, why not trying to draw them out? with a front view and a side view, or a front view with the side views formed on, then you can use them as a background image to start from. thats what itend to try and do, :) if you get pictures of the ideas you are trying, could you send me copies to just to give me something to do :)

hope to here from you, craig xx

"if you have ideas, why not trying to draw them out? with a front view and a side view, or a front view with the side views formed on, then you can use them as a background image to start from"

Actually I prefer to model stuff the hard way. I tend to shy away from tracing an image, it's more rewarding to just be able to model something just by looking at it. And my problem is not being able to make something based on my ideas, it's that I don't know how modelling for jk2 works. And I know how to model, these are the last two things I've done:

Of course, I'm awful at skinning. I just learned to make the models unique enough to get people to skin them for you :)

http://modelpage.netfirms.com/ying-yang.jpeg

http://modepage.netfirms.com/zappers2.jpg

Not the greatest models in the world, but it's just to show I have at least some idea with what I'm doing when it comes to modelling. (those 2 links arent shameless pimpage, HONEST!)

hate to be of nuiscence, but your links arent working, wish icould show you one thing i tried modelling which was YODA's head....

ineed to know wot im moddeling, ihave to beable to from all angles, which is why simple images for me dont seem to work, id like to see your work, and perhaps give me something to try if your willing, iwont publish anything caus i doubt ill get that far let alone start.

so do u know how to use MS3D? or not

ps if u want to send me something like previous work, or please if spareable something ican try :) ill leave my email next time.

people say you have to get the milkshape file converted into sopmething by Gmax or 3dstudiomax or whoever... ifink anyway,

that knife rules mate, did you make the texture??? if you did it rules, see ineed to somehow get textures like it so i can make things like that, cause when i do make things i find it a real accomplishment(for me anyway)

could you give me somethings like that? caus people are having a go at me for asking things like that... hope your kinda,

great job anyway, keep at it, yeah just ask if someone can convert your file or something just start a new thread

Archived