Home

So... What's Going On in JK2?

Master Rooster

Been out of the community for a while due to Morrowind and exams (in that order :).

I know the SDK is out, and things are starting to appear. I've donwloaded and played the Mainframe (and had a go in slo-mo and with ghoul2), thought that was great. I've heard of a mod called hydroball, but haven't played it.

The point is: what things should I download? I play single player, online, and over a 2 player LAN, and I want to know the pick of the current crop of downloads.

N.B. particularly looking forawrd to any Co-op mods.

nothing much really going on....theres a new update patch...makes MP a bit better but ruined it with the backstab....and theres quite afew new models out like darth vader, darth maul, mandalorian pack...etc.... there all pretty good you should download them......once the files are back up on this site just go to the modeling section and ull find all the models....other than that theres nothing else out thats too great.....

Well, I played Morrowind first, but JK2 has replaced it pretty easily :). I'm only on the 2nd level in SP (where you pass the little place that tells you your stats)...but I've been playing MP a ton...after playing with the saber I have a hard time continuing in SP.

Morrowind had awesome graphics, I'll admit, but I STILL just stand there and watch the fights in MP sometimes, and I'm amazed at the amount of detail that went into this game...try it sometime, just sit back and spec someone :).

So 1.03 is still the most recent patch? I assume that was what was mentioned about the backstabbing. I haven't been away THAT long :) And yes, I did, and do, play on NF serevers, since I could never stand force powers anyway. If its not in Crouching Tiger (insert kung-fu film of choice here, I'm just using an example people will understand), I won't use it...

I'll try to avoid getting into a Morrowind debate here, since I don't think I'd live long on an FPS forum, but you are quite right, watching the fights is great fun, I was just hoping something new had popped up while I'd been off doing other things.

I personally am not hugely excited by different models, but I might try a few out anyway.

Oh no, by no means was I meaning to give the impression I wanted a Morrowind debate...I've ALWAYS played RPGs, Strategy Games, and FPS, in that order.

RPGs are still my game of choice, but I hadn't had really good, fast-paced action since...geez...since UT. I've never been a fan of Quake games, those games, to me, play like this:

Dude1 gets godlike gun

Dude1 camps godlike gun

Dude2, Dude3, and Dude4 team up against him, Dude3 gets that godly gun and turns on Dude2 and Dude4...

Dude3 camps godlike gun

Lather - Rinse - Repeat

But JK2 is differant...you need actual skill and the styles never get old.

I absolutely can't wait for SWG...gunna put the best of all these games together. I beta-tested and played EQ for 3 years, beta'd DAoC and played it for...almost a year now including beta, and SWG is gunna rock them both :). Has something for EVERYONE! :)

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic.

Yes and No.

It WILL be really easy to screw up, but the team that's working on it are from EQ, UO, AC, and I think they even have a guy from DAoC...they KNOW what the people want.

Also, becoming a Jedi will be a difficult task for everyone, they havn't released any specifics, but powergamers and casual gamers will be able to make Jedi in the same amount of time (I'd guess somewhere around 6 - 7 months), and it's not like they're all gunna be these badass saber-wielding meatshields, there are gunna be Jedi who are specialized in the ways of the Force instead, so they're gunna be more like wizards/mages from other games.

Also, if everyone's a Jedi, Bounty Hunters are gunna have a hoot..Bounty Hunters are, supposedly, going to be able to take on a Jedi, 1 on 1, but lose to almost any other "Class" (Quoted because there isn't really a set class).

I LOVE the fact that you can, feasibly (The person that does will be rare, but it's possible) own your own city, but you have to have a lot of people help you with it. I love the fact that you can set up defences, that there are warring factions, and I love (hey...I love a lot of things... :) ) the way the economy ties in with experiance (You make a rifle, sell it, you not only get cash, but dependant on how often your customer uses your rifle and how well it was made, you get a percentage of experiance).

I think it'll work out awesomly, I don't think that Jedi will be a dime a dozen, and I don't think they will be as powerful as they probably should be, or our image of them is, I suppose. I guess a lot of them will be like "Padawans"...some knights, and rarely masters, but I'm not sure.

Vehicles and the ability to transverse planets, and, eventually, space freeflight will all be revolutionary as far as that goes.

I'm extremely excited, and better yet: My father has been an active EQ player, beta tested, and never had an inactive account since the beginning, and since Verant and Sony are also helping on SWG, he *should* get in the beta with the first or second batch...I know that doesn't seem fair to any of us (me included, I played on his EQ account, and he'll make me do something like climb a tree to get the highest leaf he can see to let me play on his SWG beta...psh), but, from what I've read, it appears that's the way it's gunna work :(.

Originally posted by Lime-Light

Something like SWG is really easy to f*ck up though.

Plus everyone and his banana is gonna be a jedi, so there wont be much of a "galaxy" per se, just a bunch of jedi.

Actually, theyve been extremely vocal about the fact that there are NOT going to be many jedi.

I've read almost everything there was to read on SWG, and I never heard of any "Jedi Limiting"...but they will be rare. Also, just to point out another good thing about the game :), EVERYONE will have their share of land to own a home/shop/vehicle depot/whatever else.

So you don't have these "uber l337 d00ds" with all 90 of their houses taking up living space you wanted a single dwelling for (a HUGE problem in UO, I remember), and so no matter what your standing, or who you are, on a certain planet (undetermined as of yet, I believe), you will have YOUR space that NOBODY will be able to use but you.

Off-topic about EverQuest: I played on the E'ci server, had a level 60 Monk and 53 Necromancer before I finally quit last fall.

Archived