Home

ModX ideas

ExaltedOne

To start, I am not creating this mod with any particular outcome in mind. I haven't coded in C for about 5 years, but am not afraid to dig into the code. Also once I am done, or at any point, if someone wants, I'll realease the code I've done. So far what my mod has is:

*Det Packs are now proximity mines.

*Repeater Alt fire is now rocket launcher with lower damage, but faster rate of fire.

*Rocket launcher is now some kind of ball lightning launcher.

*Sentries now drop behind player instead of in front.

*Backstab attacks take force power.

I'm not sure what to work on next. Any one have any particular ideas?

-=Exalted One=-

How bout the biggest and most important thing I think most of us want, a quality double saber that doesn't stick thru your own body, new stances, and dual sabers. But any work you do is great and it helps us all out in one way or another, so great work, oh and if you want to take on an apprentice to teach, and then have help eventually icq me 34047799 msn chadz0@hotmail.com or AIM Cuda498

Cuda

goddamnit! i SO hate this double saber! it is not possible to implement it accuratly into the game by lamers like us! it is just a april foolsday gag by raven to laugh at the stupidity of the star wars fans who want to be as cool as darth mofo maul...

i had it with those double bladed sabers, not that it wouldnt be a nice idea but it is essential that NEW animations are beeing added to the ghoul2 model system whatsoever.

anyway,

ExaltedOne, if u want to add your work to our mod then just tell me icq: 20180752

the thing i would like to have is force based special attacks, to make them more tactical. the backstabb is not the only one...

here the current readme of our mod:

installation:

unpack to gamedata and run

jk2mp.exe +set fs_game Duel_SE

this mod is based on the 1.03a source code.

coders:

cowwithoutbrain the dufficult stuff and nitemare who has zero c++ knowledge but is learning by doing...

email:

cowwithoutbrain@alltel.net

nitemare@nitemares.de

NEW CVARS:

//by cowwithoutbrain

//these cvars alter the damage value in percentage, eg. wdam_rock 200 would make the rocketlauncher do double damage.

//wdam_ weapon's damage

//wdam2_ Weapon's splash damage

//wspd_ Weapon's projectile velocity

wdam_bryar Bryar Pistol

wspd_bryar

wdam_blast E11 Blaster

wspd_blast

wdam_disr1 Tenloss Disruptor

wdam_disr2

wdam_bow Wookiee Bowcaster

wspd_bow

wdam_rep1 Heavy Repeater

wspd_rep1

wdam_rep2

wspd_rep2

wdam2_rep2

wdam_demp1 DEMP2

wdam_demp2

wspd_demp

wdam_flech1 Golan Arms Flechette

wdam_flech2

wdam2_flech2

wspd_flech

wdam_rock Personal Rocket Launcher

wdam2_rock

wspd_rock

wdam_stun Stun Baton

wdam_therm Thermal Detonator

wdam2_therm

wspd_therm

wdam_trap Laser Trap / Trip Mine

wdam2_trap

wdam_det Det Pack

wdam2_det

wdam_saber1 Lightsaber

wdam_saber2

wdam_light Force Lightning Damage

//these cvars alter the exact damage value, eg. saber_redmax to get the default value

wdam_kick

kickchance // the chance to knock someone to the ground

//by NITEMARE

cvars: default values:

saber_bluebsmax 70

saber_bluebsmin 15

saber_bluespmax 20

saber_bluespmin 5

saber_blue 30

saber_yellowbsmax 70

saber_yellowbsmin 16

saber_yellowspmax 80

saber_yellowspmin 45

saber_yellow 60

saber_redbackmax 85

saber_redbackmin 32

saber_redspmax 180

saber_redspmin 32

saber_redmax 120

saber_redmin 70

//sp= special

//bs= backstabb

saber_hitbox 16 //this is the block hitbox, make it bigger to increase the blocking range around the saber

duelffa 0 //-makes shield useless -player starts with no shield and just 100 hp -player is invurnerable

if he holsters his saber -more to come...

the saber damage ramping system makes damage dependable on the animation time when a player gets hit.

is the attacker just at the beginning of the saber strike the damage is lower than if he is in the middle

of the animation. the current defaul min-max values for the attacks which are affected by ravens ramping system

are my favourites. but you can experiment with those while playing. full freedom for server and rcon admins!

kicks make only 1 damage by default but you can change it to 18 like it was before. i dont know what the kickchance

was before cowwithoutbrain buildt a cvar for it but 1 is best for kickfree servers, 3 is more frequent and 10

knocks down all the time.

other features: in ffa games more than one private duel is possible now. in the next release we plan to force players

to find a duel partner before they can swith the saber on and do damage...

Hello...First of all I think it's great that you are working on a mod.

I have a few questions though, My friends and I are working on a stats program dynamically to post data to a website. This is used mostly for bragging rights between my friends, but as we need as much programming exp as possible, this is a good opportunity to get our beaks wet.

Our main problem however, is the lack of documentation of the server engine itself. The Readme only lists some basic commands and does not speak about implementations.

We would like to know:

1.) Does the JKII server support logging to an external IP?

2.) Can the server send messages to individual players?

3.) Can the server accept RCON (remote console) commands from non players such as bots?

If you are curious to see what we are up to, please visit:

http://developer.alcmena.org

If our work in any way could be helpful, perhaps some collaboration would be in order.

Thanks and Good Luck with the C code!

TK421

Archived