Home

How do i make this?

Takeoffyouhoser

I want to make my outdoor area open to a cliff instead of being a big crater. Across from the cliff will be another area of the base, which will be accesed by cable car.

How am I supposed to make my outer area look like its part of a planet instead of a crater? Would this be a sky-box issue?

Yup. :D

That's actually something similar to what will be in one of my future SP maps. Either you need a skybox or just go ahead and put a ground WAY the hell down there (8000 units or so?). The problem with that is that you can't put hardly any detail on the cliff or it'll get way too laggy.

Ya know, I think I can get this done right just by recreating the ravine in the Imperial Mine Level. All I need to do is make the walls taller a bit taller. Also, instead of a slime filled pond, i'll just make it a lil bit deeper, and do the darkening pit effect on it!

Then, I can use Yavin's ugly yellow sky for rain and i'm all SET!!

I was going to use snow, but, they're no good textures to use for the rock walls....speaking of which.

Does anyone know how those rock walls are created so real looking? Are they patch meshes? If so, this would explain ALOT.

Hmmm maybe I can use snow, but make it with patch meshes??

If so, now I have to skin a touque and parka for kyle to wear...lol

Archived