Home

Possible Bubblegum Crisis Model

Matariel

Ive seen many people bitching on this forum about people only making Star Wars specific models, which is understandable, since jk2 is a star wars game.....but, ive always liked the anime genre, so to tide me over till the release of the new Eva DVDs, i wanna make a model of one of the good ol' Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040.

I want some feedback from anyone interested, so i'll give u most of the facts now.

I wanna make a hardsuit model of one of the characters, Sylia or Priss are my first choices, since in my opinion, the other suits look generally not as nice :)

Feedback would be welcome on which one you'd like to see, as well as which version :) The newer suits i'd like to do, but i have some nice pictures to use as a reference for the old suits that are original concept art, and very nice for 3dstudio.

I own many pictures to use for textures/reference, so dont suggest anything like that, unless you have a particularly rare or useful pic for me to use.

I also own the complete DVD set, so sounds and other reference pics directly from the series is no problem. The taunts should be easy to get :) But thats for much later. (Plz stop pissing off The Librarian, he's a mate of mine and he hasnt even finished a complete model yet of anakin, so stop banging on about taunts. Give some positive development comments!)

BGC isnt a hugely popular series, but i think the hardsuits are a great idea for Jk2, as they jump high and move fast (and Sylias has a nice cutting implement).

Any feedback at all for this would be appreciated, i wanna get this off the ground.

PS. I'm gunna set up a geocities web site for all my pics/renders that i'll use, i'll give the url when i get started

--Matariel

while i enjoy all the quality star wars models being made by the many great and talented artists found here, such as that extremely cool guy Anavel Gato with his Padme model ;) it woud be fantastic to see charachters from other places wield a lightsaber. and since i love anime, i'll be especially looking forward to your BC models. also, isnt someone making a vampire hunter d model?

you can make whatever the hell you like, its mostly frowned upon when people request models, since modeling for JKO can be long and hard for the initiates and people want to put their hard work into something they personally like.

So have you seen Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion yet? I saw them last year, good stuff, although most of Death and Rebirth is recap.

Recieved my metal eva dvd box 2 weeks ago as well.

http://www.rightstuf.com/images/large_images/evapremboxc.jpg

Only 2000 were made. Better get your hands on one if you haven't already fans.

Im currently watching RahXephon which has so many similarites with Eva, many call it a rip off, or eva with a budget (we all know about Gainxax's budget probs with eva right?) but its original enough and deserves to be looked at a series on its own even though you could swap characters and they would still fit the series perfectly lol. Only 1-15 has been subbed and Japan is only up to episode 19.

Nene = the best btw :D.

dragonball Z is kiddy anime so, no.

is response to ironhorse, i saw the jap versions of the death/rebirth and end of eva, but the new DVDs coming out end of july and september will be in english, and i want them.

Also, that box set came out just after i finished collecting the whole set of DVD's separately :(

the differnences are subtle but many....for instance, Sylia's new suit is very different is shape and proportions to, say, Nene's new suit.

I just want an indication from everybody on which one to make.

So far, its a toss up between Priss's old suit and Sylia's New suit.

Well you know how I feel about anime mate, but if making these Bubblegum Crisis characters gives you some experience in modelling, then good luck my friend. :)

Looking at the pictures, I actually like the look of Linna's old suit, particularly the head...

hmm, well i think im going to start on the old priss, kinda like a test...since its probably the simplest design, and ive got some good reference pictures i can use.

As for nene's new suit, i dont really like it, in fact its the worst of the new suits...those silly little wings poking out everywhere :)

If the old priss model goes well, and i actually get it into the game, i'll probably then do Sylia's new suit, as i think its the nicest looking, and it has that neat cutting blade that will kinda be transformed into the saber for use in jk2 :)

everybody keep posting opinions on what i should do, since none of this is definite

hey thx for the pics, really cleared it up (i thought they were big and bulky, like starcraft marines) but instead they are sleek and smooth! and you shouldn't have to worry about all the tiny subtleties of the anime face.

after thought: in all of the models ive seen so far, the eyes are left out. i know this is for the modeled eyes to go in (so it can look good) but what of anime eyes? wont you need either new, very large eyes to put in large sockets, or would it be better to just paint them on with a skin?

this wont really apply for me, because the suits obscure the eyes and make it much easier for such things, but i suppose you'd edit the eye model/texture that is placed on the eye tags when its into the game. I'm not sure, but on the lowest resolution of textures etc..the overlays (eyes, teeth etc...) are removed and its just the skin showing, so the eyes would be painted on that.

Anyways, i'm not a fan of the HUGE funny looking eyes like in Nandesico, but the BGC and Evangelion eyes seem to be a proper proportion, and the BGC eyes are the best part of the series i think (well, apart from the suits :)) theres a lot of detail there.

Oh, PS. Ive done my first render! It's a very early shot of Priss's helmet (untextured), it only took me less than an hour to make, so the final will definately be different.

Check it out

http://www.geocities.com/nerv_matariel/

on scond thoughts, since ive started the model, i'll make a new thread to show my progress and get some feedback

but still feel welcome to give suggestions etc.... :)

Archived