Home

Cheats / Taunts and Wall Walk

Darth_Joha

OK, this may be ignorance, so apologies up front. And this may best belong in the MP Strategy Section, but that's part of my question...

I'm a 1/2 way decent player on both SP and MP. I'm having trouble with cheats, though- not to do MP online with,but to do any of these cool things (taunts, etc.). And kill stormtroopers. :-)

Anyway, my problem is that when I hit shift + ~ together, the consoles drops from above. Fine. Then, I type in "helpusobi 1" for example, hit enter, and absolutely nothing happens. That phrase just pops up on top of the screen as if I sent it as a message. What am I doing wrong? I really want to program the lightsaber spinning taunt to be bound to a key, but can't get this cheat screen to work at all. Help!

Also, I can't get the wall walk to work. I read a bunch of posts about it, but when I strafe to the wall and hit and hold jump, I just do this bounce - flip off the wall. It looks cool in itself, but I'm certainly not sticking to the wall. Any ideas?

Thanx

PS - Are these things only useable in SP, is that my problem?

DJ

absolutely, let me explain.

the helpusobi 1 cheat does work. it is not supposed to do anything other than enable cheats. it pops up at the top of the screen because it tells you what events have happened, or problems in the game. and wall walking, the problem is that you aren't going forward. so you just flip off the wall. going forward makes you walk. (don't take that the wrong way, no insult intended). anyway, after helpusobi 1 type in other cheats that do something.

p.s. cheats don't take effect until after you exit the console. i think.

p.p.s. bind a key to cheats, like mine is K - give force

have fun, good luck. that should help.

Maybe you have this problem :

When you drop the console with the ~ and start typing, it could be that the ~sign is combined with the first letter. For example, iff you type the ~ and then the N you would get : ñ.

Try to lower the console, then type the first letter (h in your case) backspace it, and type it again followed by the other letters.

grtz

Thanks guys... I got both to work.

I didn't realize the helpusobi 1 just activates cheat mode, I thought it did something in itself. Working fine now.

Also, I hadn't realized the the wall walk required strafe, jump, AND forward. I can do it pretty easily now.

Thanks!

Archived