Home

Two SP NPC Questions...

Stan_Tencza

Hey folks:

Two questions regarding NPC's in single player.

1.) How do you change an NPC's saber color? For example, what I've done is put Obi-Wan in place of the regular Jedi NPC. However, his lightsaber is an unsightly yellow... how do I change Jedi's saber color from yellow to blue?

2.) Is there any known way to import the double-sided saber into SP (for NPC's?) I'm planning to make an Episode 1 NPC Pack, and Darth Maul is very unauthentic without the double saber. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Stan

==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==

the stuff your looking for is in npcs.cfg which is in the ext_dat folder.

That file allows you to configure many things about all the npcs including saber color.

Since youve already done some changes im assuming you know how to get into a PK3...:)

Changing the NPCS.CFG should work, but sometimes the game doesn't recognize the changes if the altered file name is the same. For instance I have my NPCS.CFG under the standard name stuff.pk3, but everytime I change the NPCS I rename it to stuff1, etc... so the game recognizes it. Otherwise the game seems to assume that there haven't been any changes made and doesn't read the modifications.

The game isn't smart enough to "assume" anything.

And as far as we all know, there is no known to use the double sided lightsaber in SP. While I hesitate to use the word impossible, since we none of us know what surprises might be burried deep in SP code, I can say with great certainty that no one here knows how to use the Maul saber in SP. Sorry!

Archived