Home

kinja may iask u something...

skater_craigd

could i please disterb you, and ask you how long you have been moddeling exactly? just out of interest, cause id like to improve in moddeling but im slow at the moment, and need to learn GMAX, im using milkshape at the moment, but icant fink of not to hard but not to simple of things to practise moddelling on, ionce tried moddeling a yoda head, but only managed the face, if u leave an email ican send u it, fink its a .ms3d uknow the format for milkshape.

thank you neway for your time, hope to here from you, craig xx

Hey sorry Skater, Ive just been real busy:) Really though all I can tell you is to do as many tutorials on simple box modeling as you can. The following are the only tools you really need to learn to model anything you can imagine, wether its lo or hi rez stuff.

Tools:Move

Scale

Rotate

extrude edges, faces

welding points

There are also a million ways to skin a cat.

Good rules of thumb are:

1.Always model in quads(that is two Tris together)

2. Make the quads flow in a natural way.

3. Keep the mesh clean and tight.

Advice:

While I dont expect you to really understand some of the formentioned right away. Keep it all in mind while your learning by doing tutorials and such.

Anyway, goodluck man!

BTW:If you dont have access to one of the high end 3d programs like 3DSTUDIO MAX, XSI, or Maya, then use Gmax period. Gmax is more than sufficient and if you learn it than you already know 3dsmax.

thanks Kinja, ireally respect you, and you tend to give others here respect to, ive started another model in milkshape, im basing it on qui-gon-jinn, ive modelled the nose and mouth area 2day, hope i can learn GMAX cause i doubt i can by a book as im in england, ill ask my boss probs.

ill find a tutorial from discreet.com or something, wen i finish this model head, could i post another thread here and email it you 4 u 2 show, caus i want to see everyones opinions, unless your busy, with all your projects and al.

great job anyway, hope to here from you soon and best of luck too,

craig xx

Archived