Home

Skinning my speeder

supersack56

i was working on an endor map of a hanger, and realized i need a speederbike to import into it...i made one with gmax over the period of about a week, and when i went to skin it, i did all the UVW mapping and everything, (using this http://www.btinternet.com/~howe_alison/brothers/tutorial/gmax_jkii_tutorial.htm tutorial) and it didnt work!?! i think i probably did somethign wrong somewhere, if someone can explain or give hints on what to do, it's greatly appreciated.. i'll try and post a picture of what it should like, if anybody cares..i think its pretty good, but IT WONT SKIN!! AH! please help...:confused: :confused:

Here is what your modifieer tab should look like

uvwmap --------REPEAT

meshselect

unwrap - if you want to tweak it a bit

uvw map

meshselect

the unwrap is optional. If you want to stretch and play with it a bit to make sure it is properly aligned. You won't need to do this if you have TExporter. Then after you have everything aligned. Collapse the stack.

Then apply a uvw unwrap. Seperate the different layers. The scale them down and fit them neatly in the box. After everything is fitted, use Texporter to export out your image. Then load your FAVORITE image editing and hack away.

Archived