Home

MP Announcer Mod

Shadow Angel

I've been playing JKII multiplayer for about a week now, and it's the best MP game I know. One of the only problems, IMO, is the incredibly lame announcer. I first really noticed this in the Gateway Challenge thing when the woman announcer droned out, "The Force is not with you." What!!??

If you've played Unreal Tournament, you've probably heard the announcer say things in a really deep voice like, "Killing Spree!" when you get five frags (kills) in a row without dying, then "Rampage!" at 10, and other assorted lines up to 25, I think.

He also says "Double Kill!" if you frag two people in quick succession, and other lines up until "M-M-MONSTER KILL!" if you frag 5 or more people at the same time (like with a single rocket).

Other lines include "Head Shot!" if you blow someone's head off with a sniper rifle (BTW, that's a good idea for a Disruptor rifle mod.)

Anyway, I think you know what I mean. My request is: Can someone out there please make a good announcer mod, like in Unreal Tournament? Maybe a little more Star Wars-based, like referring to the Force, but PLEASE something better than "The Force is (not) with you."

:lightning

Yay, someone actually replied! However, if you're suggesting ME to do this, I really wouldn't know how. I have some experience with Unreal Tournament voice packs, but I never really got into Quake III and I have no idea how the engine works. If no one else takes a look at this, I guess I'll just have to study.

Archived