Home

Unreal Tournament Announcer Mod: "KILLING SPREE!"

Shadow Angel

Alright, I know I've already posted this earlier and also in the main forum, but not a lot of replies seem to be coming in, so I'll post again one last time (any more and I'll be charged with spamming or somethin'.)

I've been playing JKII multiplayer for about a week now, and it's the best MP game I know. One of the only problems, IMO, is the incredibly lame announcer. I first really noticed this in the Gateway Challenge thing when the woman announcer droned out, "The Force is not with you." What!!??

If you've played Unreal Tournament, you've probably heard the announcer say things in a really deep voice like, "Killing Spree!" when you get five frags (kills) in a row without dying, then "Rampage!" at 10, and other assorted lines up to 25, I think.

He also says "Double Kill!" if you frag two people in quick succession, and other lines up until "M-M-MONSTER KILL!" if you frag 5 or more people at the same time (like with a single rocket).

Other lines include "Head Shot!" if you blow someone's head off with a sniper rifle (BTW, that's a good idea for a Disruptor rifle mod.)

Anyway, I think you know what I mean. My request is: Can someone out there please make a good announcer mod, like in Unreal Tournament? Maybe a little more Star Wars-based, like referring to the Force, but PLEASE something better than "The Force is (not) with you."

You know you want it.

would be kewl imho

i always feeled that the ut announcer including a good sounding mc-voice was motivating me to kill some more opponents. Adrenaline increases ... :)

an announcer especially for duells would be attractive. An announcer that comments different hits on the opponent with provoking sayings

don't know how possible it is to mod something like this for multiplayer, because im more ambitious in sp-editing.

A skilled voice actor with a deep and strong volumed voice is a must for a mod like this, too

Archived