Home

Source Code problem (C++)

SubL

From the readme (JKII source code)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Open up the jk2mp-SDK.dsw in Microsoft Visual C++.

2. Set the "game" project as the active project.

3. Open the "g_local.h" file and change the GAMEVERSION define from "basejk" to "TestMod"

4. Save "g_local.h"

5. Open the "g_weapon.c" file.

6. Go to line 85 and change the 900 to 300. The old line reads:

#define ROCKET_VELOCITY 900

The new line should read

#define ROCKET_VELOCITY 300

7. Save "g_weapon.c"

8. Perform a Build All command and it should build a DLL for the game.

At this point you have two options. You can run the debugger, choosing 'jk2MP.exe' as the executable host which will load your DLL for debugging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I do this I get an error :

jkiimp.exe does not contain debugging information.

The small JKII starting window with all the data pops up, :couldn't load mpdefault.cfg.

In the beginning it talks about

quote:

2. Set the "game" project as the active project.

Under project - set new project I chose jk2game (other choices are jkiicgame and ui). Should I create a new project with 'game'? If so, I'm not sure with files to choose there (there are a ton, also you seem to be able only to add new stuff to existing files).

This may or may not cause the error.

Any ideas?

Also, how do you open a new DOS window?

If you dont specify a working directory, jk2 will start using your current vc++ projects path as its working directory... and begin looking for jk2 files in that directory.

Select the project in the left hand side of your screen, right click on its name and go to properties. Then go to the debugging properties. Set the working directory in there to your gamedata directory.

Archived